Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Windshield wiperswitch not working properly

My 94 f150 5.0 has a temperamental windshield wiper switch. It works on high all the time when I have it on high which gets annoying when high isn't really needed. Low hardly ever works and all the other settings it has never works. Any ideas on if the switch is bad or any other ideas? I've checked the wires and nothing is broke or corroded in the connectors so I would like to know if it is the switch or the motor or any other ideas that it might be that I have not thought of? Any input would be great thanks!!!

Tyler

Fellro

Staff member
That seems to be the likely culprit, did that on the 92 as well. New switch= no problem.

Okay. Thanks fellas. Another side issue with my driver side door. I pull the handle on the inside and i can't open the door. I have to roll the window down and open it from the outside. It will not open from the inside. Any thoughts or should I create a new thread?

Tyler

Fellro

Staff member
That would be it. The 92 does that, if you hold it, maybe wiggle just a bit, it might finally actuate. My sister and brother in law can't seem to comprehend not using brute force to get it to actuate, so they end up breaking the handles. They broke of the cast aluminum handles that come from 80-86 trucks as well, so now they just roll the windows down and open from the outside. They have managed to break both handles off in the front.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts