Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Where have all the gas caps gone?

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
I thought when I got my new Charger at work that no gas cap was some sort of Dodge gimmick.

Well I'll be damned, my new truck dose't have a gas cap either. For some reason the salesman was really excited to show me this feature....what gives? Have they discovered that gas caps lead to global warming?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Had to be some time between 08/09 and 2011. The Lincoln and Edge have them, my 2011 Mustang didn't.

rambler

New Shoes......
I lost my gas cap once on my old truck,, someone suggested stuffing a rag in it just to stop the fuel from sloshing out.. ( I mean it was like $1.30 per gallon!)

I didnt think that was such a good idea....

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Pardon my ignorance, but how does one fill the tank now? Is there a spring-loaded appendage on the fill pipe?

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Yep kind of. The nozzle pushes little tabs and opens a little flap. Look it up on YouTube pretty neat. But can be problematic also either not opening or causing the fuel nozzle to stick in and not come out.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Make sure its clean in there. It has to be air tight to insure evap operation. I've replaced some filler necks because of leaks there.

Fellro

Staff member
The 2012 Edge has it. I'm not a fan, especially since it is operated on gravel roads.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts