Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What have you done to your truck today?

Ton van der Sluijs

official Lucas dealer
Goodmorning Justin:)
Nothing broke; the engine leaked 60gallon of coolant (freshwater) into the engineroom everyday. the ship had to dock anyway for a mayor overhaul. Between each cilinderhead are 6 watertubes, who do supply the water to the topends... The holes in the mainblock did have corrosive damage, so the O-rings didn't do their job anymore. I had to replace 72 sleeves and 12 were solid so Ihad to drill and ream them and monday I'm gonna machine new ones.

The ship is 100feetlong

best regards Ton

primetime

sawmill slave
I thought it looked a little bigger than that. :wavey: Cool stuff anyways.

Ton van der Sluijs

official Lucas dealer
Hi y'all...
Today I've put the catalytic convertor on the truck for the yearly mandatory checkup ( after passed this, I can drive a year) When I've obtained my letter of approval, the CC becomes replaced by a straight pipe. ( the CC is a not genuine one, which is actually from a Cherokee 90HP.. To small to use but big enough to pass the test!! hahahaha. Scr.. the rules!!

I also replaced a rubber pivot bearing from the right part of the front axle. It was a helluva fight, and a hydrolic jack, my wife and a "Yale pullift" was needed to do the job!
the old bush was wornout 1/2" inch and the truck intended to pull to the left.. When I leave the stearing wheel right now, the truck runs a straight line!

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts