Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What Have You Done to Your FORD Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Some of these are hay fields, some are pasture. They have done got a second cutting of hay off of the farm this year though, and this one wasn't cut, so W didn't think the one we was in was used for hay, but apparently it is. No big deal though.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Man, we used to get 3 cuts......of course...360 acres too. Used to be square bales, hand loaded and hand stacked. Then he got a roundbaler.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Everybody around here normally gets two, but they might get three.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Tore the 72 down to the bare housing and its gonna take some money and parts to get back to specs. So far im lookin at inner axle shafts or speedy sleeves if I can find em, king pin rebuild kit, spindle bushing if I can find one, spindles if I cant find a bushing for it, got the wiper seals, hub seals, and inner axle seals so far. Also swapped the tires from the 72 to the 86 and put the little weenies back on the 72 till after I get it painted.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Put a shift kit in the Bronco...it fought me the whole time and still having some issues.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Nothin thats important or expensive ever goes easy. Also bought a 460 for 150 bucks from a mechanic at a Ford dealership complete, minus the carb. Its got D3 non smog heads and looks like it dropped a valve sometime in the past (piston chewed up a little new intake and head gaskets). The heads look really clean but im gonna take em in to get rebuilt just to be sure. Also came with a saginaw pump and brackets so I swap that sometime. Gonna get me a straight up timing chain ordered in for it and the gaskets ready so I can swap them heads onto the 86s motor just for chits and giggles. Truck squatted an inch or so with it in the bed a hair further back from the axle center line.

Last edited:

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Took mine up to Norris and rode around on some hunting trails, after dark. TONS of fun, didn't break anything on either truck(same guy with the F-150, plus three other people tagged along), and wasted 1/4 tank of gas.... what a night. Didn't even have to use 4x4, I was extremely happy with how it preformed, as usual.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Dodge still ain't fixed *cusses loudly for a few hours straight*

Pulled the old x-case out of Burt and slid it out of the way. Dragged new case under, lifted it onto chest, picked it up, tilted it back too far and dumped transmission fluid all over my shoulders and hair, set case back on my chest, cussed loudly then panted to catch my breathe, shoved case up onto the back of the transmission and tried to find the dowel pin, cussed some more, found the dowel pin and got it barely on there, slid back and kicked the **** out of the case to try and get it on, scuffed knee on muddy underside of mid-ship tank, cussed some more, laid my head down into the puddle of transmission fluid on the ground, cussed some more, kicked the living hell out of the case and got it moved on there to where it was about a 1/4 inch away from the mating surface of the transmission, cussed some more, thought about it, cussed some more, threaded the bolts in and tightened them down sequentially to pull the case on, reskinned my thumb, cussed some more, finally got it all tightened, cussed when I couldn't find the other U-bolt for the front shaft, found the missing u-bolt strap on the old case yoke, smacked myself in the back of the head and got transmission fluid all over my hand, cussed some more, got everything all hooked up, took a shower, washed my hair 3 times with Dawn and once with Head N Shoulders, tried off, found transmission fluid STILL in my hair, cussed some more and now I'm sitting here typing out a novel getting ready to go retrieve the last little bit of my bourbon to mellow me out a bit.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Dodge still ain't fixed *cusses loudly for a few hours straight*

Pulled the old x-case out of Burt and slid it out of the way. Dragged new case under, lifted it onto chest, picked it up, tilted it back too far and dumped transmission fluid all over my shoulders and hair, set case back on my chest, cussed loudly then panted to catch my breathe, shoved case up onto the back of the transmission and tried to find the dowel pin, cussed some more, found the dowel pin and got it barely on there, slid back and kicked the **** out of the case to try and get it on, scuffed knee on muddy underside of mid-ship tank, cussed some more, laid my head down into the puddle of transmission fluid on the ground, cussed some more, kicked the living hell out of the case and got it moved on there to where it was about a 1/4 inch away from the mating surface of the transmission, cussed some more, thought about it, cussed some more, threaded the bolts in and tightened them down sequentially to pull the case on, reskinned my thumb, cussed some more, finally got it all tightened, cussed when I couldn't find the other U-bolt for the front shaft, found the missing u-bolt strap on the old case yoke, smacked myself in the back of the head and got transmission fluid all over my hand, cussed some more, got everything all hooked up, took a shower, washed my hair 3 times with Dawn and once with Head N Shoulders, tried off, found transmission fluid STILL in my hair, cussed some more and now I'm sitting here typing out a novel getting ready to go retrieve the last little bit of my bourbon to mellow me out a bit.

Did you learn any new cuss words?

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Got it out of the yard at work.

Trust me, that's a bigger deal than it sounds like. It rained and got slick, and the road was a mess to begin with...not sure how the guys behind me fared, though- I kind made a mess of things on my way out (tire speed ~35 mph, ground speed less than 1 mph for 30 or 40 feet...)

:wavey: Well just got my truck a few days back so today I took the seat cover off covering the factory cloth seat much to my amazement the seat is still in tact and dirty so I used degreeser on it first then a foaming cleaner and it came out pretty good now to dry. well then I pulled the bed mat out and cleaned what looked like several years of dirt and grime it looks much better now so then got under the hood and took the jack and tire tool out and the fastener bolt turned hard all the way out so I never seized it so shouldnt be any more of thoughs issues, then rasor bladed some decals off of the back window. guess thats it for today.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Found the leak on the 86 was the thermostat gasket, tore it apart, got new belts and hoses gonna be slappin it back together tomorrow.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm missing my kick down ability...but I have noticed the mpg's have gone up a bit.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Tightened the rear yoke down and installed the rear DS in Burt....I forgot how much fun 4wd can be...been a couple years since I've owned one...let alone got to use it. Played in the sand pit down the street did a few hillclimbs.....yummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts