Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.
20140520_174547_zps49a33a4c.jpg

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

Trucks look awesome. BTW, what is the front bumper off of on the '79? I've never seen one mount up like that on the trucks. Could it possibly be from a van of that era? I've always heard they used the same bumper, but mounted a lil different. I never knew they bolted up to the trucks though. Awesome, if so.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Trucks look awesome. BTW, what is the front bumper off of on the '79? I've never seen one mount up like that on the trucks. Could it possibly be from a van of that era? I've always heard they used the same bumper, but mounted a lil different. I never knew they bolted up to the trucks though. Awesome, if so.

Not sure.....is that bumper not period or style correct for my 79?

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Ken

That's an Econoline van front bumper on your 79, check out my avatar and you'll see what front bumper should be on your 79, for the 78s and 79s shared the same bumper and grille. Hope this helps you figure it out.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Look at the diference around the license plates.

I see the difference. ...but the 79 and 77 look like they have identical bumbers.

Last edited:

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Hopefully This weekend, I get to put the sawzall to work on my 77...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I see the difference. ...but the 79 and 77 look like they have identical bumbers.

That was my initial thought...it was a pre-78 Bumper, but I suppose it could be an econoline bumper too.

I think it's a van bumper as well. 73-77 and 78-79 truck bumpers both mounted straight up and down & will interchange. the 78-79 bumper is more square though, like in the pic above. I've never seen a truck with the diagonal bolt up like that though, just on the vans. I never knew that they would bolt up, that's awesome though because Ford vans are all over the junkyards usually.

econoline bumper diagonal bolt up. same mold as the 73-77 truck bumper, but diff mounting points. I always knew they were the same mold, but like I said I never knew they bolted up. The 78-79 bumpers are hard to find here, I've looked for 4 years for an original one better than mine and can't find one.

Attachments

• ford-econoline-1977_MLV-F-TUC_43057259_1.jpg

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
The bumper on the '77 does look different, but it still has to bolt up to the bumper guards vertically. So were the original holes filled and new ones drilled?

It sure is fun driving this around. A lot of people stop and watch you go by.

Lol.....Thats why I love driving mine,an it just icing on the cake when
you drive by a brand new brokin down vehicle while that person is
starring at you as you drive by with a shit eating grin on your face,
an pride in your eyes.....:D ......smilieFordlogo

Here's a picture of a 1987 Econoline with that bumper.

00e0e_2YmvovmbDC3_600x450.jpg

And a 78-79

00o0o_7uXErNLjzco_600x450.jpg

I'd like to find a 78-9 bumper that nice.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^I was trying to wait till Austin came up but we're taking family professional pictures tomorrow and wifey wanted to use the truck for our oldest. So I gave her a nice detail!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles