Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
and this:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
and this:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
This is the first time these rigs have been next to each other since I got the 79.....they were close (perpendicular) to each other at one point last year before storage, but this summer, we're going to get some really good shots of both trucks next to each other with the boys.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Bring it on, Ken. I love it. Those two pictures remind me of two horses, standing end to end, swatting flies with each others tails. :D

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Still trying to find a brighter bulb for the shift indicator. I couldn't get the LED's to fit in the housing,(too big in diameter) so I ground the plastic lip down on one of the LED's and it slid into place. It is supposed to provide 360 deg of lighting. It has 8 bulbs around the perimeter and two on top. I still can't see the light.

I put the 1445 incandescent back in place. It provides a small amount of light, but I have to squint to see where the shift indicator is. :headbang:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Bring it on, Ken. I love it. Those two pictures remind me of two horses, standing end to end, swatting flies with each others tails. :D

GREAT analogy! Love it! YelloThumbUp

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Watching an episode of Falling Skies in the background while I'm working late and they found a 73-77 Super cab.....looked awesome.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Still trying to find a brighter bulb for the shift indicator. I couldn't get the LED's to fit in the housing,(too big in diameter) so I ground the plastic lip down on one of the LED's and it slid into place. It is supposed to provide 360 deg of lighting. It has 8 bulbs around the perimeter and two on top. I still can't see the light.

I put the 1445 incandescent back in place. It provides a small amount of light, but I have to squint to see where the shift indicator is. :headbang:

I had some success tonight. I used an LED similar to the one listed below, ground off the plastic lip between the bulb and the base, and soldered a separate ground wire to the base.

I am now getting brighter light to half of the shift indicator, so I am thinking that if I rotate the bulb, I may get light to the whole indicator.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/bayonet-bulbs/ba9s-led-bulb-9-led-tower/9/

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
The day before yesterday I had redone the chrome trim on the glove box door trim panel , and last Sunday I had redone the speaker grill areas on my door panels with chrome pin striping tape as Ranger429 was telling about in one of his posts, and they turned out looking like new panels.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Found the little culprit of a leak on the 79 F250.

Not sure if any remember what I wrote on my trip from SC about my oil pressure Guage only working intermittently, but when having the flush and oil change the other day my mechanic found out why.....and that's what was causing the smoke every now and then.

The fitting on the hose was cracked and oil was leaking from it.

Anyways....fixed. :)

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
You can see the clear hose where there was air in the lines which was why the Guage would read off and on.....I always thought it was an electrical thing.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I had some success tonight. I used an LED similar to the one listed below, ground off the plastic lip between the bulb and the base, and soldered a separate ground wire to the base.

I am now getting brighter light to half of the shift indicator, so I am thinking that if I rotate the bulb, I may get light to the whole indicator.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/bayonet-bulbs/ba9s-led-bulb-9-led-tower/9/

Cool......I've always had trouble seeing at night here on both my dents.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I drug it out of the trees with the four wheeler, and got some new sawzall blades... Dun dun dunnnn. :D

Funny thing was, it sat all winter with all tires holding air, I moved it about 100 feet away and the next day I have a flat tire. :-/ not too concerned, they are decades old dry rotted junk, just annoying.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I got a set of the OEM bed rails that have been in a shed for the last 25-30 years.
When I get time , I have to see how well they buff out.:)

How bad is the pitting on the chrome??? That's always the worst thing when I find them.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
How bad is the pitting on the chrome??? That's always the worst thing when I find them.

Sometimes the chrome starts to peel on the inside lip which has caused me problems with keeping air in in the past....not on my dent, but on a car I had a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts