Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Well this can't be good..

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
P9190207.jpg

Well I did my fluid change to day cracked open my Trans pan and...

P9190208.jpg

Yeah about that...
P9190209.jpg

Eeeeww getting worse.
P9190210.jpg

Found this in the pan What the hell is it? I went ahead and changed the oil/filter then went for a drive and she ran fine no slip shift changes were smooth no noises or any thing.. So what on earth is going on and should I start running in circles and scream?

Fellro

Staff member
Up until the big metal piece, I wasn't overly concerned.. much of that is fairly normal for older trannies. The metal flake isn't great to see, but is not a major concern. The clutch material sediment is not a major concern as long as it isn't chunky... some is normal. How is the shifter feel? Only thing I can think of that the strap can come from is either the shifter detent or the parking pawl maybe, been a while since I was in a C6...

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I was looking at this,and I can't see anything that resembles what you found in the pan.

c6exp.gif

The metal piece looks like some kind of support.Were those two bolts just in there too,or did you just throw them in the pan after you removed them?The other circular thing looks like some kind of seal.If it isn't affecting the way it shifts,then i'd say it wasn't something extremely important,but who knows what could happen in the long run....Either way,good luck on that Tex.lol.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
uh pics no work for me

P9190207.jpg

P9190208.jpg

Yeah about that...
P9190209.jpg

Eeeeww getting worse.
P9190210.jpg

Found this in the pan What the hell is it? I went ahead and changed the oil/filter then went for a drive and she ran fine no slip shift changes were smooth no noises or any thing.. So what on earth is going on and should I start running in circles and scream?

I see the img codes in the " " so well see..

Fellro

Staff member
I saw them earlier, but That ^^^^ is what I see now... did you by any chance move them around in your photobucket?

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Yeah...either you or Photobucket screwed 'em up, Tex. :p

I saw them earlier, but when I refreshed the page they're gone.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
P9190207.jpg

P9190208.jpg

Yeah about that...

P9190209.jpg

P9190210.jpg

Found this in the pan What the hell is it? I went ahead and changed the oil/filter then went for a drive and she ran fine no slip shift changes were smooth no noises or any thing.. So what on earth is going on and should I start running in circles and scream
cf04379e.gif

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
They're there. I couldn't see them on IE, but opening the page with Firefox the pics come right up.......

Tex, if it runs fine, you didn't need them!!

Ford Truck Articles