Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

well my starter is shot..

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
the supercab had been kinda reluctant to crank over since i got it and i planned on buyin a new starter anyhow once i had the money, but today it just gave out. i went to grab my little brother for the summer today and when i got back home i tried to start the supercab to move it so i could load some stuff in the bed to haul off tomorrow, and ir was doing the o so classic f**cked starter clicking/chatter noise and didnt quite have the strenght to crank it and start it...iv had tha battery and alternator tested and they are both fine and all my connections are fine as well...in a minute im gonna go try the old shade tree mechanic method n tap it with a hammer to see if that changes n e thing...but im almost positive my starter is trash

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
yeah best bet is to get a GOOD starter. one that has a lifetime warranty. Any parts store is ok.

ive got through 3 ps pumps from a part house, it may work when ya get that starter, but it might go out eventually.

i did buy the brand new one, not reman on the starter and its held up well

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
iv found a duralast w a lifetime warranty at autozone for 99$ n im gonna get it when i get the money

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Let's take a minute to review my inability to read. The subject of this thread, as I read it, was: well my sister is shot.

Back to the subject, sorry about your loss. :D

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
i kno they have tough batteries and it sounds like their starters r just as good

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
YAA!!! I gradumatated hih skool with ma edumacation in '09 2 munths late in sumer skool bekuse english class!!

They ain't learned my that one yet!

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
oh..random thought....i noticed that my truck idled a little high since iv had it and iv never messed with the idle on an efi engine and i was wondering if it uses a screw to adjust the idle and if it does where would it be..lol i apologize for my ignorance im still very acustomed to older setups up until these two 94's all my vehicles iv had hav been good ol carbureted v8s

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You guys and your warranties...what good does the warranty do you when you're stuck somewhere and can't get the vehicle to start? I'm with Anthony on this one, go 'good' starter and not some crap reman from a parts store just because it has a warranty. Truth be told, most of the 'good' starters have warranties as well, because they stand behind their product...and not because they need to keep the customer happy because they got sold crap.

Let's take a minute to review my inability to read. The subject of this thread, as I read it, was: well my sister is shot.

Back to the subject, sorry about your loss. :D

Oddly enough, I read it that way the first time too.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
the duralast isnt a reman i dont think...she asked if i wanted a reman or like 80 bucks or a duralast for 99$

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
the duralast isnt a reman i dont think...she asked if i wanted a reman or like 80 bucks or a duralast for 99$

That may be true...but it's still a chain store starter. It may work out great for you, but they don't for me. I'd rather pay the $2-300 for a starter, get the warranty and know it'll be there for the next 20 years instead of playing the guessing game of will it last 3 months or ten years. Cuz as I said earlier, that warranty doesn't mean crap when you're stranded on the side of the road. I played that game a few times and lost every time.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
well, if i had the 2-300$ to spend i would....but considerin i aint had a job since march the duralast is the best i can do

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
well, if i had the 2-300$ to spend i would....but considerin i aint had a job since march the duralast is the best i can do

Well if that's what you can do, that's what you can do. There are always extenuating circumstances, so just get the pig running. I wasn't bashing you, simply saying the route I'd go.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
i kno u werent..im just frustrated with the circumstances....it would hafta go out when i actually needed to go n do things this weekend haha

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts