Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

v4...The Dents We Find

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I think you primarily be payin for the lift on that one. Bring it down to a normal height and you're talking a 5k truck. To bring it back down, you're talking new springs and tires and labor...so an easy 5k

Yeah, dang....kinda what I figured. To go from 40's to a reasonable 32 or 33 inch tire.....could get some cash for the 40's and offset the new tires and keep the same wheels, but then having to mess with the lift....I know you guys mentioned it really needs to be done by a professional or could cause problems.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
So, my next purchase is a gen 5 (must be extremely rare) or 6 crew cab so I can make some memories with the boys in a vehicle I might be able to keep and not have to pass down! :)

Saw this and thought the pictures must have been doctored by photoshop or something....paint doesn't look real. But anyways, a crew cab with ac, automatic and be 4wd.....AND it doesn't have to be show quality either! Not a rust bucket, but wouldn't mind having something nice to call my own that wouldn't need much tinkering if any at all. A small lift maybe, but not necessary.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Spec...TRK:MEWAX:VRI&forcev4exp=true#ht_33663wt_1220

One problem that my wife and I knew would come up is that the entire family can't jump in the 77 and go for an icecream, or cruise to a show or something.....so, it would be nice to have something for myself that the entire family can jump in and go....I thought that the bronco would fill this need, but at least for the first few years, it's not as practically being 2 doors and having 2 car seats. We've already passed up a few times of using it and taking the wife's dd because of it....plus, the 92 isn't as nostalgic as a 73-79.

Soooooooooooooo...........We should start looking? :D

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/3931083434.html

01414_4D51TZPrSWM_600x450.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
It would look really nice in my driveway. :D

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
The only thing that would scare me off is the paint.

But it's pretty nice. Bed rails, Explorer package, 'wood grain' seems to be all good.

Closer inspection shows a missing trim piece on the tailgate, crease down the bed on the passenger side. I just had to go and look at the pictures again!

After seeing those things, it's down to a $3000 truck.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Soooooooooooooo...........We should start looking? :D

:wasntme: :wasntme: :wasntme:

Ummmmmmm......

Yes.

-4wd,

-DOES NOT HAVE TO BE SHOW QUALITY - but not junk either, thinking $8-10K+, I just want something reliable, say a rebuilt motor and tranny

-automatic,

-AC,

-small lift and the lift isn't mandatory also, just wouldn't mind having something with a little more clearance...a few inches even,

-crew cab (4 doors) gen 5 or gen 6 preferably. I might consider a gen 7, just cause I love my Bronco so much.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
2wd, no AC and the color....man...also, second time I've seen those wheels on a dent today.....is that factory? Cause they are fugly!

In my neck of the woods if you're serious!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
2wd, no AC and the color....man...also, second time I've seen those wheels on a dent today.....is that factory? Cause they are fugly!

They're factory hubcaps, I had them on my first dent. They take some getting used to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts