Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

V2..The Dents We Find

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^That doesn't seem too bad. Looks like it's in great shape. Instead of white I was actually thinking of painting the Bump's wheels red just like this rig.

Goodness......did you see the engine bay and the underneath? Wow.....factory ac....looks pretty sweet....like it's been garaged its whole life.

That's a beautiful truck, too bad it's 2wd. I'd still love to have it either way.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^900 bones for that actually is a pretty good deal.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^900 bones for that actually is a pretty good deal.

Trim is all there....it fired up after sitting for 7 years? That motor is still good! If it were within a few hours, I'd be on my way home with it. I'd like to someday have a project like that my son and I can work on together for his first vehicle.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Is it true? IDK after seeing the engine, but he says its under 700 original miles.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...Cars_Trucks&hash=item43a8056f9e#ht_563wt_1166

Wow....I am floored....not sure....wires have electrical tape on them in the engine bay. Did it come from the factory that way.

I also noticed trophy's in the bed, probably from car shows....unless they're shows down the road, he'd have to trailer this baby. I put almost a 1000 miles on my dent going to 6 shows last year.

And also, why sell now....supposedly stored from day 1 and then "here you go?" Man...pretty wild. Looks good either way.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I call BS, With that low mileage there wouldn't be rust on the Brake Booster or Water pump, they would look brand new instead.

Also, 1979 also NOT the last year of the 460.
In fact, 1983 was the 1st year of a 460 with M/T

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Is it true? IDK after seeing the engine, but he says its under 700 original miles.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...Cars_Trucks&hash=item43a8056f9e#ht_563wt_1166

I'm gonna go with no way in hell. Engine bay looks too used, carpet looks replaced and terrible...also, shouldn't there be a woodgrain trim ring around the glove box. And I'm sure other inconsistencies if you look close enough...not to mention my 96 has a 460...so what was the last year for the 460 again? IMO...it looks like it was a pretty decent restore with age on it, at which time the odo coulda been replaced or rolled, and the guy doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I call BS, With that low mileage there wouldn't be rust on the Brake Booster or Water pump, they would look brand new instead.

Also, 1979 also NOT the last year of the 460.
In fact, 1983 was the 1st year of a 460 with M/T

I also noticed that the booster as well as the manifolds had too much rust on it. I wasn't sure if age would do this, but the ad claims he kept it in storage all these years.

a humid climate in outdoor storage would cause the unpainted cast iron of the exhaust manifolds to rust but not the water pump or brake booster.

This guys needs to be given a lie detector test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts