Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Truck sputters at higher speeds

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
My next guess would be either the screen in the pressure regulator has some crap in it or it sounds like wnat my Buick was doin.......next guess is in tank fuel sock...replaced or not when you replaced the pump it could be sucking up some scale......you shut it off...loses suction, scale falls to bottom......etc etc. Tried to beep ya but your phone is off or something.

Need I say it???????

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
You needed to say it louder. :p

let me know what you find and your methods of flushing.

I dont have a shop like you and its a one day shot, cuz hell if im doing it two days in a row.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Update.

The tank was clean, as was the filter, so I gave up and took it to a Ford dealer. They found that the pcm was shorting out erratically and causing the problems. New pcm and the problem seems to be gone. (I hope) :D

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Old electronics = pissed off.

Ryan

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
how much do those run?

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Mine was 168 and 210 in labor. With all the aggravation, I wish I would have taken it in sooner.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I stumbled on something weird. I knew that the coolant temp sensor was bad, since it was really just laying in pieces, so I went to autozone to get a new one. On the way there, the truck was running bad. I went to buy the sensor and they said there were two styles, so I went out and unplugged mine to see which it was. I plugged it back in after I knew which one to buy and wiggled it around a little. The truck started running fine. :confused:

I replaced the sensor and haven't been able to get it to sputter since. Could that have been the problem? I hate not knowing if it's fixed or not. I guess I'll hafta drive the piss out of it and see.

If the CTS wasnt readin the right temp the computer wont go from closed to open, and can make it run like that, the scanner should have showed the temp the sensor was reading, bet it was like -34 or something, we get that all the time with older hondas, and my gen protege 91 baby.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts