Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

truck acting like stuck throttle

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Since the search always fails me . And after 15 min I gave up heres my post

This morning my truck acted like throttle stuck was at 2000 rpms taped it couple time went higher and staid there . NO check engine lights . Took throttle cable off same . Checked for vac leak as well as could .

it finally slowed some and I thought would run to my shop and park it . Put in gear went to pull on street and it was fine . Idle fine .

So took it home to get plow truck to get to work and it was at like 1500 RPM. Will be next week before I get to look at codes or even look at it .

Any Ideas were to start. I have several extra IAC and the like .

Any ideas would be great

Fellro

Staff member
TPS will do that I found. My 88 was doing that a while back, just sitting still, nobody in it, it would rev then fall, then rev. I was building snow fence by the headlights, so didn't want to shut it down. Changed the TPS, problem solved.

Fellro

Staff member
I switched the IAC, no change until I did the TPS.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Thanks

I figured iac but thouht check . I have had serge before and tps cured that
we'll see

Fellro

Staff member
I played with the tps before I actually changed it. I plugged in the new one, and without touching anything else, would move the TPS, and the engine rpms would follow the tps. Never set a light either....

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Iac it was running fine so far . No matter as I have 5 or 6 of all this stuff on shelf .

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts