Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tranny whine...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It bumped up in to the 60's the last couple of days, so I've been driving around without any HVAC on...and the whine was gone. I turn the defrosters on...it's back, I turn the A/C, it's back...I turn the heat on, it's back, but not as audible. That being said, I guess I was jumping to conclusions assuming the whine was tranny related...but what else is there that would cause a whine??? A/C compressor? But then why would it whine with the heat on???

It bumped up in to the 60's the last couple of days, so I've been driving around without any HVAC on...and the whine was gone. I turn the defrosters on...it's back, I turn the A/C, it's back...I turn the heat on, it's back, but not as audible. That being said, I guess I was jumping to conclusions assuming the whine was tranny related...but what else is there that would cause a whine??? A/C compressor? But then why would it whine with the heat on???

Could it be from a fan motor of sorts?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I dunno...guess that's the beauty of a warranty, because I don't have to know...haha. But the whine is rather loud, like loud enough to drown out the radio.

Fellro

Staff member
Change the fan settings and see if it follows that, or if it follows engine rpm.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts