Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Thief indicator

acom01

Pampas Flareside
Hi everyboby. I have a new question. Is not important but i want to know whats the function of thief indicator in the dash. When somebody opens the right door sometimes appears. Its a kind of alarm or somethingh like this?
Thanks

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
ive seen it on some of the upper models (mark 3, eddie bauer etc) that have a light on the dash that says theft and it blinks.

i have no idea what it does. my buddys truck has one..but its been stolen twice.

much use it does

like on our trucks, u just need a t-20 screw driver. and take off the mast switch on the bottom of the column, wammo no key or column damage.
it was just noted when i had to replace said switch

acom01

Pampas Flareside
Yes, mine have the theft indicator on the dash that blinks in red when you open a door. But appart from this i dont know what is the purpose,. Because of that was my question but its ok. I´ve alrwady installed an aftermarket good alarm that really sounds in case of intrusion. Thanks for your comments.

Does anyone else do like I do?
When I hear a car alarm I don't look, just hope that it really-is being stolen
and the sorry thief will hurry up and get that noisy bee-otch out of there! :/
...or is it just me? LOL :)

A_G, they tried steeling mine at-least-twice and maybe three times but
didn't get it because I had my hidden (anti going south ;) switch pulled. :)

No kidding, what they do is pull the electrical connection off the back of
the ignition switch and install their own ignition switch.

Not so much pressure to steal my white Dent anymore, it's not the top
vehicle on the "going to Mexico" list anymore. LOL :) The Toyota pickup
took that spot after about 20 years of the Ford being number 1. :) Gas
prices and age finally kicked it off the top spot.

Alvin in AZ

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Does anyone else do like I do?
When I hear a car alarm I don't look, just hope that it really-is being stolen
and the sorry thief will hurry up and get that noisy bee-otch out of there! :/
...or is it just me? LOL :)

I'm the same way, pay them no attention at all. That said, I'm usually the one setting them off. Not because I'm stealing them though, it's cuz I'm at WOT and the sweet sound of Ford 400 power going through glass packs sets them off.

Not so much pressure to steal my white Dent anymore, it's not the top
vehicle on the "going to Mexico" list anymore. LOL :) The Toyota pickup
took that spot after about 20 years of the Ford being number 1. :) Gas
prices and age finally kicked it off the top spot.

Alvin in AZ

I hear ya, I rarely ever lock my rigs or even roll the windows up. I figure if somebody wants something on the inside, they'll get it regardless...and this way, I just have to replace whatever was taken and not things that were damaged during the entry. And if they decide to tak the whole rig, I have a nice little clause in my insurance policy that will pay me a hefty little chunk of cash. Theft isn't too big of an issue in my area though.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
like my vent window frame being bent, they tried breaking it but failed, the just bent the damn frame. the also tried stealing my stereo. but as some of you may know, aftermarket stereo in these is a pretty tight fit. In fact when i remove mine after installing the keys. i haft to drop my glove box and snake my hand through giving it a little push from behind. so they tore up the dash trying to get it out. the only thing the managed was to make it where my buttons on the faceplate didnt work

like my vent window frame being bent, they tried breaking it but failed, the
just bent the damn frame. the also tried stealing my stereo. ...so they tore
up the dash trying to get it out. the only thing the managed was to make it
where my buttons on the faceplate didnt work
Like Ben I don't lock mine so they didn't break anything. :)
No radio to steal because I don't got one, never did.
Anyway, that's how my experience differs from yours.

Alvin in AZ

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts