Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The Dentsdes we find for sale - post them here

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

ummm...cough cough....

Can't see it at work...but on blocks and 16k, makes me think there was some behind the scenes work going on. I believe they call it phishing or something. Hell, I did it with my buddies 71 Monte Carlo...put it up the first time, I drove up the price to 8500...I ended up being the winning bidder. The following week, I was a dead beat buyer and the car was up for auction again, the car was sitting at 4k with 2 days to go...ended up selling for 10,500 that time around. Not a real ethical practice, but I was younger and more immature at the time. I also believe, if you get caught, you can be banned from ebay...dunno if it's a legal offense. So I say all that, because I'd be willing to bet, you'll be seeing that truck again.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well now...that doesn't look bad. Pretty blingtastic, but I like it...not for 16k though.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Well now...that doesn't look bad. Pretty blingtastic, but I like it...not for 16k though.

It looks like pieced together price may be worth it, but you had said mine might sell for much less than that and it has as much bling and HP in that engine, with all the interior detail all installed, plus it has, ummmmm, what do you call it, wheels! 'smiliedoh' and a battery and keys to start it with!

If you compare apples to apples in a selling comparison, you might price this rig on blocks at $5-7k. I don't know about you Ben. Economy is tough, but something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, eh?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Agreed...but the dentsides that sell for 15+k are so few and far between, I don't see how that joker could expect to get more than 5-8k for what he has. From what I've seen, he doesn't have anything really special, which is key. Rather a whole bunch of money thrown at a truck, that true enthusiasts know he'll never get back.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^Agreed...but the dentsides that sell for 15+k are so few and far between, I don't see how that joker could expect to get more than 5-8k for what he has. From what I've seen, he doesn't have anything really special, which is key. Rather a whole bunch of money thrown at a truck, that true enthusiasts know he'll never get back.

Yup and that's where a smart buyer can jump in and get $30k in parts for $7k or a complete show build that cost $60k in parts and labor for $10-15k.
:idea:

fatdan460

BANNED IN MOST PLACES
around here they all become highboys. saw an ultra rare low production 83 f150 highboy for sale on c/l a while back. makes me laugh.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Don't forget the factory "Bigfoot" editions....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ford Truck Articles