Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tech Q on 5R110

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
For those techs out there:

If I were to buy a transgo shift kit and some heavy duty clutches for a 5R110, how difficult is that installation for a home do it yourselfer? I have a spare tranny that I want to beef up with Billet Input and Output Shafts and Performance Clutches, but it costs so danged much to not only ship it off to a shop that does it, but to have it done. I figured if I took my time and took pictures while disasembling, maybe I could do it myself??

The instructions have to start with "See Todd's Truck"...

blacksnapon

Staff member
it can be done..........have lots of manuals.........take your time.......dont force anything.........keep everything clean.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Todd, from what Matt tells me, they are not that bad at all to work on, of course as Vince has said, clean, clean, clean. You may want to hold off on the transgo stuff for a week or 2. I am checking on some clutches available for the 5R next week, from a shop here locally. I am also going to get in touch with one of my old contacts at Alto to see what he could offer in some "one off" sets to try out for marketing purposes. I'll keep you posted.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I'll keep you posted.
I'm awaiting further orders captain. :)

I have rebuilt two stroke waverunner engines and I helped rebuild the top end of our Mercruiser 454. So I do have some abilities and best of all, I do have a clean area to work in and time. I ain't blowed up the first one, YET! lol I've actually been thinking of having my buddy help me pull the 2006 tranny and swap in the 2004 so I can build the 2006 up tougher.

What's the real difference between a 2004 and 2006? Any?? If I build the 2004 and swap it in built, then I could sell the 2006 with low mileage used and probably get more for it then the 2004, but if the 2006 would be stronger, I'd rather build it. What's ya'll think? lol

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts