Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

sync issues

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
has anyone had any issues with their sync system getting stuck saying "indexing, or indexing please wait" when it is connecting to your ipad/ ipod via usb? this has been happening lately with my ipad but it worked fine from may until a couple weeks ago. ive reset my ipad as well as a master reset for the sync system a couple times trying to fix it, i even downsized the amount of music on my ipad from 895 songs to 665 thinking it was too much data to try and read and compress. technical support hasnt lended much help, any ideas gentlemen?

blacksnapon

Staff member
TSB
12-8-19 SYNC - VARIOUS FUNCTIONALITY CONCERNS - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 7/1/2012

Publication Date: August 28, 2012

FORD: 2011 Focus
2011-2012 Fiesta, Fusion, Mustang, Taurus, E-Series, Escape, Expedition, F-150, F-Super Duty, Flex
LINCOLN: 2011-2012 MKS, MKZ, MKT, Navigator
MERCURY: 2011 Milan, Mariner

The article supersedes TSB 12-7-6 to add a production fix date.

ISSUE:
Some 2011-2012 vehicles equipped with SYNC® and built on or before 7/1/2012 may exhibit intermittent voice recognition: SYNC® is not listening/hearing commands, no response to voice commands or SYNC responds voice commands not available with this device when using play artist/album/track commands. Voice recognition, phone/USB connectivity, and traffic, directions and information notification/voice recognition, commands not available with this device when using play artist/album/track commands.

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure steps to improve the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

This procedure excludes vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch or MyLincoln Touch. All other vehicles proceed to Step 2.
Verify if a SYNC update is available. Go to the Professional Technician Society (PTS) website and from the OASIS tab select the SYNC button. Scroll to the bottom of the page, under software update actions click on the (View Latest Software) hyper link located next to the standard selection.
If no software updates are shown available this article does not apply. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 415-00 for normal diagnosis.
If software updates are available ensure that the Integrated Diagnostic Software (IDS) release is at 79.02 or higher, then close the IDS software and proceeded to Step 3.
Reprogram the Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM). To perform the reprogram it will be necessary to follow the online version of the WSM, Section 418-01 Accessory Protocol Interface Module APIM - Standard programming.

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
i would have to disconnect my phone and connect my ipad via bluetooth for bluetooth audio, i popped the sync fuse out and replaced it to do a full software reboot, this solved my issue, should it happen again i will try another route. thanks blacksnapon for the info if my problem arises again ill use the info. once again FTF saves the day!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts