Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Stardup / idle issues

For a few months now, on a cold start my truck would sometimes dip down below 500 rpms on start up, but only for a few seconds then would shoot up to 1500..

the other day, it wouldnt stay running unless i had my foot on the gas, I replaced the IAC valve so far, stays running, but this morning when i started it i got that low low idle at start up briefly...

i dont know what else it could be... spark plugs? cap and rotor has less than 10k on it.. plugs and plug wires have mayb 75k on them

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Founds like it's dipping during open loop and then resumes regular operation once it reaches closed loop. You can probably track down the problem by comparing the differences between open and closed loop (which sensors are being used, etc).

http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=4

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Finally found the chart I was looking for. This'll show you which sensors are used in each mode:

upl5429876042.png

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Looking at the chart above I'm thinking either TPS or o2 sensors. Leaning more towards the former. Have you tried pulling the codes?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts