Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Spot an 1980

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
Brian, if you can, take a pic of this truck, the nice flareside you see.

Cliff, the truck is a regular F150 long box with the camper. The truck used to be the junkyard owners. Him and his gf used it to camp in the woods. Was surprise to see it parked in the junk car/truck pile. He upgraded truck and campers. This camper was gutted inside. Truck's pretty nice tho. Rust hole on door bottom edges. Truck has the molding option which flaresides didn't have any, and the chassis would be too long.

Tyl

I will try to remember to carry my camera with me when I got into town for a while. I actually parked my 56 by it at a store a few weeks ago. That would have been a good pic.

I have no clue where the guy lives.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Was pb, ps and cruise control standard features on 1980 trucks?

Tyl

No they were options on the base models I had a F250 SC Camperspecial that had cruise and tilt am/fm radio ps pb dual tanks. It just depended on the dealer that ordered them

tylstruck

All the good stuff on that one, why'd you part with it?

Good to know they're at least common.

Tyl

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I had the last of the 86 flare sides new.
HAd all stainless trim sans the bed of course. I really like the wood floor in them . I may build another one.

tylstruck

I went back to that junkyard with my cam. I planned to take multi pics of that truck, but the batterie life only allowed me to take one.

2008_0903Image0001.jpg

I bought the truck's front bumper. Nice straight chrome bumper with perfect rub strips and pair of bumper guards. Cost $75.

Tyl

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
That not a bad price for a good front bumper. Check out my project thread my last post where I went to the junkyard yesterday

tylstruck

The buumper looked pretty goood. Nice and straight and chromy. No rusting, bents or digs, but did have a green paint? overspray drops here and there. So did the grille and whole front face. Could peel it off easily.

I bought a local auto trader mag., my truck's in it, and found this...

1.jpg

Says it is a 1990, but that's a mistake. IIf it were 1990, the front fender and grill would be rounded. Looks more like my dream 1980 truck. I tried calling the guy twice tonight about the truck, and always got the machine.

Tyl

The buumper looked pretty goood. Nice and straight and chromy. No rusting, bents or digs, but did have a green paint? overspray drops here and there. So did the grille and whole front face. Could peel it off easily.

I bought a local auto trader mag., my truck's in it, and found this...

1.jpg

Says it is a 1990, but that's a mistake. IIf it were 1990, the front fender and grill would be rounded. Looks more like my dream 1980 truck. I tried calling the guy twice tonight about the truck, and always got the machine.

Tyl

Wow, looks nice... besides they didnt even make a Gen.8 Flareside did they?

Yes they did a neighbor down the street has one he hardly drives it. I will see if I can get a picture

Gen8? Really... hmm a quick wikipedia check says they didnt but pics dont lie. :D

:)

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
ive seen atleast a flareside from every generation from what 5-6th to 8-9.

i saw a 69 flareside (bumpside) f150 around my home town for awhile then the punk wrecked it.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
There's a nice 1994 shorty flareside around here. I know where the guy lives, but I've never asked about it. Don't have the money.

Also, didn't the 1980s f100s have that 3.8 v6?

EDIT: My dad knew a guy back in 1994 that bought a brand new 1995 F150 SuperCab shortbed Flareside 351 e4od in Performance Red. Beautiful truck. there was some problem with it though, dude got into a fight with the dealer, i think he ended up returning it and getting his money back.

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
There's a nice 1994 shorty flareside around here. I know where the guy lives, but I've never asked about it. Don't have the money.

Also, didn't the 1980s f100s have that 3.8 v6?

EDIT: My dad knew a guy back in 1994 that bought a brand new 1995 F150 SuperCab shortbed Flareside 351 e4od in Performance Red. Beautiful truck. there was some problem with it though, dude got into a fight with the dealer, i think he ended up returning it and getting his money back.

Yes Some 1980 F100 came with the V6 but it wasn't a popular option. I know of one guy restoring his but plans to put in a 351W back in instead he said it was a weak engine

tylstruck

What a day, was outside all day. Never tried to call thhe guy today.

Cliff, the truck isn't a generation 8. The hoodwould be rounder and the turn signal would be larger curving from the front to sides. The truck as picture has the rectangular turn signal on the front fender of the 80- 86 style.

Someone here this beautiful turquoise generation 8 flareside on their signature pic.

Tyl

What a day, was outside all day. Never tried to call thhe guy today.

Cliff, the truck isn't a generation 8. The hoodwould be rounder and the turn signal would be larger curving from the front to sides. The truck as picture has the rectangular turn signal on the front fender of the 80- 86 style.

Someone here this beautiful turquoise generation 8 flareside on their signature pic.

Tyl

Thats a Generation 9, not a Generation 8. I dont think they made a Generation 8 (1987-1991... see signature) flareside...

tylstruck

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts