Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Someone make me feel better

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
But your a pig!! Oh who asked you anyways.....lmao

Michigan
7.3L Powerstroke Turbo Diesel
340K Miles mostly freeway

Umm thats the reason why yours is alot better. I know its a diesel but damn thats alotta miles!

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
Hoping to get that kind of miles out of this truck, as long as I keep the paint and interior looking good , shouldn't be a problem. Drivetrain has a lifetime warranty.

ACarbone624

I Love My Ford Truck!
Skan, you truck is much better...(& sexier) YelloThumbUp

You would need a ladder to get in and out of the other one.:rofl:

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Can someone reassure me and tell me that my truck is cooler than this one?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/594377392.html

I paid the same amount for my truck :headbang:

Ok........I will continue to thrash you with a wet trout untill you feel better......

The beatings will continue untill morale improves...................

FEEL BETTER...........SMACK.........FEEL BETTER, DAMMIT..........SMACK.......YOU HAD BETTER START FEELING BETTER........SMACK.........

Feel better? I can go on like this for days ;)

Gunner

skan, your truck is more practical. that truck is way too high, chicks would never be able to climb into it and its direct injection so when the injector pump goes, you'd be out a few thousand more dollars. and im just guessing, but i would think that those california girls wont like the smell and sound of a diesel. also, you dont need all that torque for your boat. your 351w is perfect for what you need. 340k miles is wayyy too many miles, even for a diesel.

thought about it overnight
yours
+modest lift/tires
+ok miles
+obviously well maintained
-(if you can call it a "-") it's a 150 (fine for 95% of people)

his
-miles
-looks like it's had a rough life
+lift and tires must be $1,000+
+it's a 350
+looks like it has a ton of parts that cost some $$
+compensates for small wang
+diesel and people just like that, no matter the miles

long story short, yours would be more worth it b/c of the shape it's in. i can totally see paying that (or close to it) for yours. you've got a lot of work in yours, but based on his parts list so does he.

i'm not saying you've done less work or spent less, but it seems like his "parts" are "bigger ticket items" that he'd try to make his money back on:
-hitches
-dual batteries
-bully dog chip
-5" exhaust
-8" lift
-custom ladder bars

all that adds up to a lot of work that he doesn't want to lose a dime one. he says it himself here
Lots of work and effort went into this truck and I hate to sell my truck.
...aka - i'm asking too much.
no one else but you cares about your work or effort

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
I'm not upset that someone has a nicer truck. I'm upset that I paid the $8k for my truck when I could have bought a truck like THAT one for $8k. THAT's what I want you guys to make me feel better about.

If the guy's retailing it for $8,000, it's pretty safe to say some dealer offered him $4,000 or $5,000 for it. I want you to consider something- a couple of months ago we appraised a '96 F350 with a little over $100K miles on it. Truck was a stock PSD, and MINT. We got wholesale bids ranging from $16500 to $17500 and.... the kicker... didn't get the truck. Owner sold it for $20,000- and that's what a nice one of that vintage is worth.

That truck- the lift and all looks cool, but that really doesn't drive the resale value. At 340,000 miles it's safe to say the truck is on the wrong side of the life-cycle curve. I'd like to see some close-ups of the thing- bet it's what we in the biz call a "20 footer." You know- looks great at 20 ft, but deteriorates as you get closer.

Other big deal: what kind of mileage (on $4/gallon diesel) does that monster get riding on those big meats? 10-12.... maybe? You think that isn't affecting the market right now?

Last edited:
who the hell jacks a truck up that much and doesnt put running boards on??? Skan your truck looks alot cleaner

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
and white is for gays....i mean you do live in california.....Ewww

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
I think Chris has had his ego sufficiently stroked. Time to take it down a notch.. what's with that bent bumper Chris? Jeez. smilietease

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts