Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

So I got some lights. :D

Spidey2011

Pacific Northwest Chapter member
So I had ordered a set of VisonX Optimus LED lights, and while I was waiting for those to show up, I snagged some HF 100 watt'ers. Here's a pic after I installed those.

20130419182615.jpg

Then the Optimus came in. :D These are the ones I built my light tabs for. $250 a set, but worth every penny IMO.

Here's the tabs I made for them. Matched the paint pretty well, IMO.
20130417084820.jpg

And now the lights!
sany0656s.jpg

sany0657.jpg

sany0658d.jpg

Here's where I mounted the switch for the Optimus. The HF light switch is mounted where the old tow brake controller was, but I didn't get a pic of that.
sany0659.jpg

Night shot! This pic really doesn't do these lights justice. I'll try to get some better ones when I get off work this weekend. Working midnight - 8's right now, so my night life is non-existant. haha
sany0661g.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Nice....the LED lights are amazing, I have some Rigid Dually D2's and are fantastic. Nice job on the mounts.

Spidey2011

Nice....the LED lights are amazing, I have some Rigid Dually D2's and are fantastic. Nice job on the mounts.
Thanks. I couldn't believe how bright they were.

I've also ordered a light bar for the roof, a set of hella 500's, and some 130w bulbs for them. :D
I'm glad to see the lack of Electric Shift Buttons. :D

Manual T-Case FTW!

Lights look great man!

I love my manual t-case. haha. And thanks. It's nice to be able to see when you're driving country roads at night.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
As good as the Hella's are...I would sure consider a LED light bar. I want a 60'' one for my big truck...I just forget about it until I need it...:rofl: :rofl:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yeah...not cheap. Nice bush guard

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Those are sweet! Nice job on the installation. If you take a look at some of my pics in the 460 forum, you will see me and Roy are light guys too YelloThumbUp

Spidey2011

Those are some really sharp mounts for the LED's. Nice work.

Ryan
Thanks.

Hey bud those lights do make some good lighting for them woods at night .I say hunting time :guns: great job bud
Waiting for my buddy to get a weekend off so we can go hunting. haha

Those are sweet! Nice job on the installation. If you take a look at some of my pics in the 460 forum, you will see me and Roy are light guys too YelloThumbUp
Thanks. Gonna have to check those out. I need ideas of where to put more. :D

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Thanks. Gonna have to check those out. I need ideas of where to put more. :D

I got 6 on each running board, 6 on the tailgate, 2 in the grill, and the 5 factory cab lights :D
Gives these trucks the 18 wheeler big rig look! smilieFordlogo

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts