Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Show your f-150 at work!

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Yea I had that engine sitting in the ditch in the back of my place. I pulled it out a few weeks ago. I got to bring it to a recycling place. Its my 95's old engine. I had alot more wood already but I used it so far. Yea I got a wood buring stove. Its nice. Heats the whole house up.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
That's actually my friend's Husqvarna saw, it is a great saw. That's his JD 140, too. I've got a pair of 112s (hence the user name) which has a smaller engine and a gear-drive instead of the hydrostatic but is similar in a lot of ways to the 140.

I prefer the choke/cutoff switch on the Husqvarnas to the ones on Stihl...both brands have treated me pretty well overall, but I've cursed 'em both, too. I've got an Echo, not real impressed with it. Power is OK, but it's a tricky little witch to keep running sometimes.

Grandpa hasn't split a stick of firewood for a couple years... He died back in '05. Used to burn about 4-5 cord a winter, though; kept the house above 80 year round. Some of it we'd go out and cut, but he'd get a load of trees delivered every couple years (usually about 9 cord). Splitters only seen light duty since then, as none of the rest of us use wood as a primary heat source, and it's one scary pig to tow down the highway. (I can lift the tongue with one hand.)

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
this was the last time I had it out "working", hasn't seen the road since
Picture007.jpg

Michigan
Not really working when i pull this lol

l_3dacbe58c107f417bef9b9ee0218da67.jpg

However it does "Work" when i pull this lol

ljkll.jpg

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Here is mine working, it works hard to get the girls.
IMG_0487.jpg

Heres a real work pic, i prob have it up already.
1995FordF350BiggestLoad3.jpg

looking good guys. i love to see these trucks work hard.
I know this is worthless without pics but last night i was surfing craigslist and saw someone giving away seasoned firewood for free! well my dad and i went there, i drove around to his back yard and we filled up my F150 full with good seasoned wood for free! We worked in the dark to load the truck since we knew it would be gone if we waited and longer. The guy had that ad on craigslist for 6 hours and got 15 phone calls on it. This was perfect because its still cold here and we're all out of seasoned stuff. We've been burning green and junk wood. Even with the new toolbox, we still managed to fit about a half cord in there.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Wish I had pics of my friend's F-350 when we hauled his parent's estate back to his place- Enough tools in the bed to have the truck setting on the helper springs without the trailer attached, and then a 8x20 equipment trailer (big heavy thing even unloaded) with 6' high sides absolutely full of furniture and other household stuff. Truck turned over 300k in style befitting a workhorse- loaded heavy on a hot day, headed for Wolf Creek Pass.

Michigan
chris we haul wood as well, i hate it but its funny as hell when my dad gets stuck! He aways takes his 4x4 diesel out there and he barely makes it back there, unloaded, and he always gets stuck and i have to get the diesel tractor lol. He might do a bit better this year with the 305 mud tires and added hp. Heres his truck working hard lmao hahahaa

107.jpg

we are moving.......too many commies in the park.

HPIM0696.jpg

HPIM0697.jpg

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Didn't you tow your front porch home with that truck, Carl?

yes sir i did.....it's a worker

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts