Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Said good bye today :(

That looks nice. Did you figure out what you're going to do with the aluminum gas tank lids? I don't think they look that bad since they are part of the color scheme.

One day I will remove them and have sheet metal put back in place... If I ever decide to do a frame off on this truck, then I will go ahead with that...

I don't see that happening for the next 20 years, haha.

Ok, so I'm envious of your bed and tailgate, so what? ;)

But why the long face? It's an automatic, it ain't like
it's fun to drive or anything. ;)

(yeah, stupid manual snob here)

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i382/DirkyDirks/Picture011-2.jpg

While it's in storage can you get to it to work on it?

What I'm thinking is it needs plastic bushings on the
door striker bolts. Just got done working on mine
again after 20 years or more, so I got the procedure
worked out.

Buy another set just like 'em from the wrecking yard.
To one set cut the washers off to save the bolts and
to the other set cut the bolts to save the washers.
Some of this can be done using aftermarket parts if
you want to, YMMV on that.

Get some plastic bushing replacements from Dorman?

------------------

What I did was cut and filed to length then reduced
the outside diameter of some solid (not oil lite) bronze
bearings to fit and been using those for 20 years and
just in the last week decided those things needed to
be swapped end for end.

Alvin in AZ

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Wow...! I wouldn't put it away. We(I) run those up here so we can get around up here.

Depends, but I agree.....

Nice truck..Id put it up as well...also on a side note, I've probably got a knob for the wipers..seen it's knob was missing

Good catch.

Mine only sits for about a 2 month stretch as I push the envelope and drive it on clear days as much as possible through December and get itching to pull it out late Feb early March.....I sure miss driving it when it gets put up. I took her out this morning for an early drive and there's a little bit of snow on the sides of the road....but the road is pretty clear for the most part. Even driving it like that, I believe it will still be looking close to what it is now (a little bit of cleaning maintenance throughout the years) by the time my son is old enough to take her for spins in 16 years or so.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Mine stays in the garage most of the winter, too. I actually don't need it much over the winter, since I'm not hauling much of anything that time of year. So, it works out that it stays out of the nasty salt, too.

Just had the truck out yesterday to haul all of my outdoor furniture to my folk's big garage for winter storage.

Southern Manitoba, Canada :wasntme:

We usually get a good dumping of snow... Not unusual to see -35 temps.. I think our most recent record was a year or two ago with a windchill in the high -40's....

Oh wow...that's cold...I don't think my truck would even want to run in those temps lol. Probably have to run some pretty thin oil in the winter up there, I'd say?

Was that an option? Fully extended the antenna is pretty long!

on side note: I like those antennas, I didn't know they were for factory cb. I've been looking for one in good shape...had one, but wasn't in good enough condition for me.

I take it you can ran a radio and splice the cb coax into it with this antenna and get good radio and cb recption? My antenna sucks, I don't get very good recption, I really only get radio signal @ low speeds on flat ground.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Yes very soon mine will also be put up..so far our weather is holding but by thanksgiving will be about it..hopefully i can get my wiring issue resolved,if not o well.will have all winter to think about it. Yo Dirky 40 below!!! damn & i bet if you leave your vehicle outside overnight in those temps it probably wont start..ill stick with our 0 to -10 winter temps here in Ohio,its a heatwave compared to those temps..lol i to love that rig of yours very nice!

Yes very soon mine will also be put up..so far our weather is holding but by thanksgiving will be about it..hopefully i can get my wiring issue resolved,if not o well.will have all winter to think about it. Yo Dirky 40 below!!! damn & i bet if you leave your vehicle outside overnight in those temps it probably wont start..ill stick with our 0 to -10 winter temps here in Ohio,its a heatwave compared to those temps..lol i to love that rig of yours very nice!

I bought this truck from Ohio! Vehicles need to be plugged in at those temps, but they start!

I run a 5W-30 in my Accord and my 5.4L truck year round.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts