Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Replacing tie rod ends

Getting an accurate measurement from tire to tire and matching it from front to rear proved harder than I thought... Once the truck is jacked up, the TTB rotates the tires out so it's tough to get a consistent measurement. So I got as close as possible and dropped her back down and it was still a bit out of whack on the passenger side. Jacked it back up and did 1 turn on the passenger sleeve and it was good enough to drive.

Now the funny part... Drove it to Big-O Tires and the guy that old me on the phone yesterday "No appointments. Just drop it by tomorrow and we'll do it."-- told me that they were totally booked all day :headbang: Then he said he might be able to fit me in if I leave it there all day. As I pondered this, he looked at my truck and said "Y'know I don't know if we can fit that on our rack..." **goes outside and asks other guys... guys shake heads**

Comes back in "Nah that thing wont fit, the tires will hang off the back. You need to find someone with a "pit". Apparently a pit, by his definition, is an alignment machine that goes into the ground, as opposed to lifting the truck in the air.

So the guy says "Take it down to Bernards Tire. That's where I always take my truck to get aligned." :rofl2: So I had never heard of this place, turns out it's kind of hidden downtown. So I take it over there and the guys are real nice. Told 'em about the recommendation from the Big-O guy and they had a good laugh. Older black guy that worked there, and I quote "Hahahaah ahhh thats f****d up man" :rofl2:

Told 'em that big-o couldn't fit it on their rack. Guy looks at my truck with a funny look on his face and I say "yeah I didn't think it was THAT big either!" Lol.

So it's down there getting aligned. I'm sittin at starbucks on the ol' laptop using their wifi :) And the price at bernards ended up being 15 or 20 bucks cheaper than Big-O too! :)

Ouch that sucks. Our Big-O sucks, a bunch of assholes IMHO. Bernards tire around the corner from Dairy Queen... :p Those guys are nice, but they are kinda expensive. Glad you got a good deal tho. :D

EDIT: Starbucks... :p

Chris loves coffee. White chocolate mocha :) And I'll have all of you guys know, we ALWAYS go get coffee :D Soooo good.

Brian, you need to go to one. So good. Although, I prefer Peet's hands down.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
In case y'all didn't look at the "Pop in my front end" thread... The pop is still there, and more pronounced than ever... Read my most recent post in that thread for more details.

In case y'all didn't look at the "Pop in my front end" thread... The pop is still there, and more pronounced than ever... Read my most recent post in that thread for more details.

Huh, thats weird... :suspicious:

radialarm

Clown of Death!

If you remember stuff we read about on the other side.'smiliedoh'

You should be looking at shock towers, frame cracks, front crossmembers, these parts are all rivited on (except for cracks)and are subject to loosen up. Even more so under extremes like lift kits and big tires.

Ford Truck Articles