Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Racor Bypass Oil Filter

Welcome FFPEREZ,
It's always great to see new folks on our little slice of cyberspace.....Someone should be along soon to answer your question about the Raycor bypass filter. In the meantime, make yourself at home, postup and post often....

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
First... let me fill in some blank pieces of info and you can do the the rest.

Racor is the OEM supplier for the oil filter housing, oil filters and fuel filters for the 6.0L and 6.4L PSD's.

Racor makes an oil by-pass filter but does a poor job of marketing it and it is only available from a Racor distributor or retailer. Probably not in stock and would have to be ordered.

Racor makes the filter element for the Oil Guard brand of by-pass oil filters and the two companies systems are about 90% identical.

In doing research about oils, full-flow and by-pass oil filters, I have developed a relationship with one of Racor's oil engineers and in return for sharing my Blackstone oil reports (before and after installing the by-pass filter) they sent me a free by-pass oil filter kit. This is how I ended up with their system and find it to be great and since they are the OEM supplier for the oil filter housing and oil filters... I figured they know a thing or two about my 6.0L PSD.

Check out the Oil Guard website for a lot of good information (if not done so already). Again, the filter element is Racor's!!!

http://www.oilguard.com/

You can also navigate around the Racor site, but their info on their by-pass filters is very lacking and not really specific to any particular truck make or model. The "generic" by-pass filter set-up is their model number LFS801 series.

However, if you contact a distributor for Racor in your area, here is what you need as far as part numbers...

6.0L PSD By-pass oil filter Kit #: (LFS RK860F)

Replacement filter #: (LFS801BPE)
----------------------------------------------------

Send me a PM with your email address and I can send you a few PDF files about the specific 6.0L by-pass kit for your review.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Hello to everyone, new to the site.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase the Racor brand bypass oil filtration system.

So... what did you decide to go with?

Did you buy Oil Guard, Racor or some other brand?

Lets see some pics if you did install.

:beer:

I have decided that if I can find the Racor brand I am going to go with it. Recently I have a had good run of bad luck with a few vehicles so that project has been put on hold for now. Currently replacing a fuel tank and sending unit in my 83 F150 and I bent the prop on my boat this weekend. Had to say goodbye to the bypass for a few months til everything is fixed.

I will take some pics when I install it.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts