Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post up a pic of what your truck looks like TODAY!

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Passed this truck for two weeks without stopping to look at it. I knew I would buy it, so tried to resist. Well, I stopped last weekend and, sure enough, ended up driving it home. Hoping to get started soon with fixing it up. It has the original 300 straight six with 40,000 original miles. A little (maybe a lot) of body and sheetmetal work and I should have a nice truck.

Looks like a nice winter project! Congrats.

Looks like a nice winter project! Congrats.

Thanks man. I know I'm going to enjoy working on this truck! I am on hold right now due to the fact that the previous owner decided to tuck the fuel vent line on top of the tank instead of hooking it up correctly. As I was trying to get the line out, my hand slipped and punched the frame. A trip to PriMed and four stitches later, I am on light duty for a week or so.

Anyway, the truck is paid for and will be there when I get healed enough to work on it. Just hate that I can't go scavenging the junk yards today. Beautiful weather, mid-70's and sunshine, and I'm stuck at the house. :headbang:

I opted for something alittle less expensive as far as taxes , insurance and such. And hardly any maintenance.

Has it's own battery and hydrolic pump. It can carry 8K #'s but I've had so much on it that it wouldn't lift to dump.

You know, that is a much smarter way to go, and cheaper in the long run, but I'll argue that it's a lot less fun! I've always wanted one of these old one-ton dumpers, and we are having a blast fixing her up and hauling everything with her. Legally, it can only carry about 3600lbs since it is licensed for 10Klbs, but it regularly hauls more than that from the local limestone plant. Power comes from a trusty 300/6 going through a granny 4spd, and super low rear gears, so it's not getting anywhere fast, but you can guarantee it will get there. Truth is, it was probably headed to the junkyard if we didn't save it, so we were glad to put it back on the road.

Hey Guys, I tried to post a pic here but I couldn't figure out how, I made an album, if you want to check out my truck it's in there.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Hey Guys, I tried to post a pic here but I couldn't figure out how, I made an album, if you want to check out my truck it's in there.

Just copy and paste the BB code here in a reply or post:

013.JPG

0083.JPG

0065.JPG

0055.JPG

0046.JPG

00210.JPG

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Nice truck, but one thing bugs me - you cut up the door panels to put speakers in. Most aftermarket ones can fit behind the panel.

Otherwise, nice ride!

Thanks, The speaker grill slats were all broken and mostly missing, so I mounted the speakers that way until I can find another set of panels.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Thanks, The speaker grill slats were all broken and mostly missing, so I mounted the speakers that way until I can find another set of panels.

Okay, that's understandable. :D

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Thanks man, way to make me feel like a dumb ***..'smiliedoh'

Nah, are you kidding me....it took me a while before I was able to mess with pictures and stuff on here. Nice rig.

Working on the brakes now. Had to return the reman master cylinder because it was leaking like a sieve. Got a new not reman one now. Hate having to do the same job twice.

11-23-10_029.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^True...but one of the best parts about these rigs is, you can rip the entire brake system (lines, MC, Booster, rotors, etc.) out in about 3 minutes flat and then the same time putting everything back.

Ok ok...maybe I exagerrated...but just a little.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Working on the brakes now. Had to return the reman master cylinder because it was leaking like a sieve. Got a new not reman one now. Hate having to do the same job twice.

11-23-10_029.jpg

Ben loves doing the same job at least 10 times. He always forgets what he did afterwards. :wasntme:

11-23-10_029.jpg

I can't wait to see this truck finished!

Ford Truck Articles