Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post up a pic of what your truck looks like TODAY!

my 78 F250 in the snow

Attachments

• 78ford3.jpg
Not much new on the trucks but got a new bronco & took it out for a test run!
John
new_bronco_2.jpg

0038.JPG

00213.JPG

Now I just hope I dont end up having to sell shorty.
0103.JPG

here is my 79 short bed. It had a 300 i6 but it spun 2 berrings and threw #5 through the block. It had 360,000 when i got it. paid 150.00 for it. I installed a 390 out of a t bird with frame mounts from a 76'f100. I have a dana 70 and coil sprung dana 44 8lug almost ready to be installed. They are set up with 4.10-1 gears. the 70 has a power loc diff.. If any body has 2 or 3 8 lug hurricane wheels i could really use them. they are the old vector wheels i think. like the ones on my truck now just 8 lug 16.5x9.75. click the pic

Attachments

• my 79 ford.jpg
Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^MMMM...turbines, if you're changing wheels, depending on location, I wouldn't mind swap your wheels for cash.

As for the hurricane rims you're talking about, I'm not exactly sure what those style are, but there's a member or two here that have the turbines (like you have now) in a 16.5" 8 lug pattern.

I am deff. interested in some 8 lug turbines/huricanes. If you dont mind please send there info. As for the wheels and location. i only have 3. 1 exploded and distroyed my breaks and ripped my wheel studs off. I live near kings dominion. off 95.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
012911165217_01.jpg

012911170335_01.jpg

Those pics are from yesterday, I got my offroad lights on it after dark. I'll try and get a picture of them soon.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Tyler...how are those tires holding up for you? Those are the same tires I had on my Bronco originally and 2 of the 4 threw belts, and one of them had a serious egg in the side wall when I brought it in for the current BFG's. I kept one for a spare, but there seems to be a little sidewall separation in it too.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Tyler...how are those tires holding up for you? Those are the same tires I had on my Bronco originally and 2 of the 4 threw belts, and one of them had a serious egg in the side wall when I brought it in for the current BFG's. I kept one for a spare, but there seems to be a little sidewall separation in it too.

They are holding up really well for me. They ride pretty quietly, wearing pretty good, and do ok in mud/rocks (not great.. but as good as you can expect for them not being that aggressive)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts