Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

parts for 4wd f-250 1968??

I am struggling with this page in understanding how to use it but I bet I figure it out through my project of restoring this family truck.. it has been in the family since it was a year old and it has spent its whole life outside till now.. ol yeller has a bay in my shop for life!!.. I will post a pic when I figure it out!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I will go have a look in the parts manual tomorrow...shoot me a pm to remind me

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thought I had the entire parts list for that year...seems I don't...sorry.

Fellro

Staff member
From Rock Auto:
Seals
NATIONAL Part # 470898 One of our most popular parts
Spicer 24; 2 Speed; Part-Time; Front
Spicer 24; 2 Speed; Part-Time; Rear Rear (Only 12 Remaining) $7.58

SKF Part # 21108 Grease Seal
Front; Spicer 24
Rear; Spicer 24 (Only 9 Remaining) $19.42

Speedo Cable
ATP Part # Y803
Trans. code C6; Length Inches 83; FWD; Automatic trans.
Trans. code C6; Length Inches 83; RWD; Automatic trans. $9.87

ATP Part # Y801
Length Inches 82; FWD; Standard trans.
Length Inches 82; RWD; Standard trans. $13.27

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
ive got 3 trucks here all 4wd 3/4 tons. what ive found is that they all didn't run the same t-case. two of them have the good old np205 (68 and 71) the 69 has one like ive never seen before and the tags gone. if yours has an aluminum round plate on the rear of the case, below where the drive shaft comes out its a 205. parts for these are easy to come by. I have no idea about the other case tho

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Pretty sure the other one is a Dana

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
The other case used was a Dana 24. Just as good as a 205 but not as common...

EDIT: from Rodger's post it's a Spicer, I've been calling it a Dana....

Last edited:

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
I just got back from the auto parts store and i was suprized that all 4 shocks arnt offered threw bumper to bumper. im not even goin to waist my time with the big chain stores, they'll never find the rite ones anyway

Fellro

Staff member
It all depends on how it is set by the previous owners. It cane be set in backwards and still run as long as the wires are set to match. Find where the wire is for that plug, and have the distributor rotor point to it.

Fellro

Staff member
That would be the appropriate place. I am used to dealing with real world where unless it is removed, it might not be there. The biggest thing is that it matches the cam and crank, the direction is a convenience of sort to have it in the right place so you don't have to guess on all of this. I have seen many that were half off and they moved the wires to match.

thanks flareside... that is were I had put it but the ford shop manuiel said most were at 6:00 and that confused me.. I am getting it better and better all the time.. a lot less oil leaks I built new exhaust and a new clutch.. after basically sitting for 15-17 years. RIP uncle Bill on this memorial day.. WWII airborne vet!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts