Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Oil deals at O'Reily

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Holy smokes. Time to go stock up.

Ryan

How much does a 4 qt or Gallon of Castrol 10-30 Syntech sell for down there
Up here it goes on sale for $28.95 for 5 liters every once in a while. Canadian Tire Wal-Mart

Fellro

Staff member
It is being sold by the 5 liter jug now at most places. The similar special at Autozone is 17.99 for a 5 liter jug and filter (Pennzoil) and 29.99 5 liter and tough gard filter (Valvoline Syn Power) 19.99 for 5 liter Max Life and tough gard filter. 5 liter = 5.28 quarts for those who wonder. Story is that Walmart patented the 5 quart jug, so now everyone else sells by the 5 liter. Those prices are pretty common, within a few dollars for each brand as it goes on special.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I got used to buying the 5 quart jugs. I went by and got a jug + 1 quart for the pickup. By the time I got home I realized they were 1 gallon jugs. That made me cuss...

Ryan

Fellro

Staff member
They must be clearing out their gallon just supply. The 5+ jugs with filter are actually a better deal...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I think I'll grab some of that Mobil1. Thanks for the heads up Taylor.

As for the gallon/5qt jugs...with the Rotella 15w/40, the walmart here has a big 2gal jug, that is usually about $8 cheaper than buying the individual qts and about $4-5 cheaper than buying two 1 gal. jugs. I still have a couple gallon jugs from when they were out of the 2gal. And all I go now is fill the gal jugs. Alot easier to transport when on a long trip or on the trail.

Fellro

Staff member
The diesel oils are still typically by the gallon, it is the automotive (gasoline) oils that are mostly going to 5 quart/liter jugs. Hadn't seen the 2 gallon jugs, but doesn't help a lot when most diesels need almost 3 gallon. Some are as low as 10 quart, so might be helpful there, but at the same time, that gets a bit heavy to hold up...

It is being sold by the 5 liter jug now at most places. The similar special at Autozone is 17.99 for a 5 liter jug and filter (Pennzoil) and 29.99 5 liter and tough gard filter (Valvoline Syn Power) 19.99 for 5 liter Max Life and tough gard filter. 5 liter = 5.28 quarts for those who wonder. Story is that Walmart patented the 5 quart jug, so now everyone else sells by the 5 liter. Those prices are pretty common, within a few dollars for each brand as it goes on special.

So $20.00 for Castrol Synthetic ?

Up here the regular price is $44.99

Fellro

Staff member
Around $30 for Syntec with filter on special.

racsan

4xford
I got used to buying the 5 quart jugs. I went by and got a jug + 1 quart for the pickup. By the time I got home I realized they were 1 gallon jugs. That made me cuss...

Ryan

i did that once, didnt realize it until after the oil change and i checked the level. "1 qt low after a oil change?!" then i looked closer at the empty bottle. glad i had gotton a extra qt for "top-off" between changes. havent made that mistake twice!

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I just picked up a 5qt. quaker state jug for my oil change and I think it was $13 at walmart.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Just an FYI on this...I wanted some 5w20 Mobil1 Synthetic for the Mustang. I went to O'Reilly's all they had in the gallon jug form was 5w30, for 27.99. They did have the 5w20 in quart form but that was $8.62/qt. I decided to skip O'Reilly's. I went to a couple Advances and AZ's and NAPA's and they did have 5qt jugs of the 5w20 anywhere from 34.99 to 42.99. Their quarts ranged anywhere from 7.99-9.49. I ended up picking up a 5 qt jug and 2 separate qts. Later that night I went to Wally World, the same 5qt jug was $24.50 there and the individual quarts were $5.99...these were standard prices not on sale. So I grabbed another jug and 2 ind. quarts and went back and returned what I had bought at AZ.

So just because these stores are having 'sales' you might wanna check your wally world oil aisle first.

I should be noted that while Wal-Mart's price works out as still being the cheapest, their 5 unit jugs are in quarts and all of the other outlets are liters....per fellro's earlier post...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good info Brad...I was just pointing out that the o'Reilly's "sale" was $27.99 for 4qts...and the walmart 5qt jug was 24.50. I was just letting those who see the word 'sale' and immediately want to head that way know, that Walmart had more for less. O'Reilly's jug broke out to 6.9975/qt and Walmarts broke out to 4.90/qt.

Last edited:
Good info Brad...I was just pointing out that the o'Reilly's "sale" was $27.99 for 4qts...and the walmart 5qt jug was 24.50. I was just letting those who see the word 'sale' and immediately want to head that way know, that Walmart had more for less. O'Reilly's jug broke out to 6.9975/qt and Walmarts broke out to 4.90/qt.

According to the sale flier pdf that Taylor originally posted, your O'Reilly's oil is at regular pricing and NOT on sale. The flier lists Mobil 1 on sale for 19.99 per gallon....

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Interesting...first time I looked at that, I didn't see 'your choice' and thought the sale was just $10 off...and the O'Reilly's I did go to did have this on a big sale display...and when comparing to prices at other stores, I assume that 27.99 was a valid sale price.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts