Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New project in Calgary AB

Just bought a 1983 F150 for next to nothing! I hope to restore it to its beauty of 3 decades ago! sure it will be interesting...

Attachments

• 551290_10152763404885504_761748559_n.jpg
hey! its a 300 i think? its defo not a V,Im british and just moved here so im no expert on trucks by any means! it has no docs or any paperwork, It wasnt even road registered for its 1st 20 years as it was a farm hand, the interior is in real good shape considering its seen 30 canadian winters! Theres rust on the rear arches that will need replacement but i wanna keep the restoration fitting with its age where possible, lots to be getting on with for sure!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Welcome to FTF from a fellow Calgarian...or close enough :D

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Welcome...

Hope your project goes faster than the other Canadian's restoration :D

so when i said, "its definately not a V" i actually meant "im a bit clueless and talking crap!", So this weekend i actually lifted the hood and started doing a few jobs, Changed the fuel filter and removed broken seatbelt female end. Its the 302 V8! the body work really isnt in great shape! got my work cut out, once she is through her journeymans inspection and automotively sound(ish) im planning on removing the bed so i can fix it up. My thoughts are it will be easier to work on off the truck, and a could place to begin as iv never done bodywork before, then by the time those cab corners come around il have some knowledge under my belt. Thoughts guys? ? ?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Pulling the box makes things a whole lot easier...you can do it with 2 guys but it's more pleasant with 4.
Easy to make a cheap stand out of some 2x4's and a sheet of OSB to stiffen it.

I have a British connection, what made you end up in my hometown?

Well i came here on business. But i fell in love with the potholes and expensive beer! Now im staying, if the plan goes right :) im an electronics engineer/technician in the British Army but dont hold that against me ;)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Hopefully you won't have to spend any time in Suffield or Dundurne :D

Lol suffield is where i work actually for my sims, yes its tragic, my lady is in airdrie so i spend all my weekends and free time there.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Tragic is an understatement and Airdrie ain't much better!....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I came from Manchester many years ago....beer drinking smilie

Airdrie is nice! Nice than the one in scotland, but lets face it, Helmand province,Afghanistan is nicer than some parts of manchester

Ford Truck Articles