Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New on this side

Howdie Folks,

I'm new here on this side.

Anyways, I'm from the old world, exactly from southwest Germany. It's kinda nice here, but way too less Ford trucks around.

So I'm trying to help on this issue. My rife is a '86 Bronco with 351 and auto. It still needs some work before I can pass the inspection and drive it on the streets.

The next project will be some F250/350 with an IDI, crew cab and long bed. This will be a bit more difficult, coz these kind of trucks are pretty rare here.

Ok folks, enjoy the weekend.....with your family or just in quiet peace in your garage :wasntme:

See you....

Ronny

Fellro

Staff member
Kinda funny you mention the rarity of IDI's there, considering we have another member from there with just that... :)

Welcome, always good to have additional members from outside the local borders. My sister lives in the Hamburg area with her husband who left old East Germany right before the wall came down.

Thank you Gentlemen.

@Smokey, do you really speak any Krautish?

@ Roy, thanks a lot.

@ DNFXDLI, thank you.

@ Fellro, thank you also. Well Hamburg....ok, from where I am this is like the polar area. I'm not sure if they even have any trees. I was there twice, but it's not my city at all......too many Hamburgers there and not even one cheeseburger lol. Anyways, it is/was not Eastern Germany, it was/is Middle Germany. They all want to make us believe that it would be Easter Germany. The real Easter Germany is still in the western part of Poland and a bit of Russia. Sorry, I don't want to sound like a teacher, but it needs to be said to keep the truth at least a bit alive. I hope I haven't missed the political correctness now :(

Btw., I met the guy on German Ebay, who has the same name like me, but the priece for his bullnose was out of my budget. Last year I almost would have became the owner of a E 350 with a 7.3 IDI. SO these two vehicles are the only ones I know as an IDI. Mostly people here drive Cheavrrrgggg...can't say even the word.... or Dodge.

I had a E 350 Econoline Quadravan with a 351. Cool vehicle and always took 5 gallons on 60 mls. Ok, we don't use here the term mpg, we want to see how much fuel is used on driving of 100 kilometer distance. Anyways, my last brain cell was on vacation and so I sold the E 350. I really regret it until today.

Now I have a '86 Bronco with 351 and auto, which needs some work first before I can drive it down the road.

But I have also a weakness for pick ups. Like the truck of the member MVC here. I won't give up and will find one one day.

I just love the sound of a V8. Ok, there are plenty of V8s here in BMWs or Mercedes etc., but they are packed with electronic and stuff, which easily can cause one or two heart attacks, if they won't work properly and you can't work on them by yourself. And the sound is different, not that nice and powerful and pants shaking.

Well gentlemen, it's time to stop chewing up your ears. Have a successful day, take care and don't be scared of the Krauts :)

See ya....

Ronny

@ mtflat, sorry, Sir, I ended without thanking you. I hope you'll will stay glad when I start asking annoying questions :).

@ slmann, thank you very much.

@ Ridgerunner, thanks a lot.

Please take care, gentlemen, there are too many freaks on the roads nowadays. But you recognize them by their logo on their cars.....it's nothing special, it's just a wallpaper design.....and they call it bow tie. Don't know if this is a sickness or some kind of self killing thingy....bow??? :)))

Please take care and start your day with peace by saying "good mnorning my love" to your girls. Usually that works. But never say "you look great" when she just woke up and crawl out of the bed.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Hey, I'm a little slow. Welcome, nothing wrong with some traditional German here, one day I plan to visit Deutschland... Maybe track down some of my ancestry, if I'm lucky.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts