Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

new idae for project 4x4

ok its been a long summer as soon as i get farm equip out of way an door back on shop.
what about 90short wheel base 150 with old school 460 ?
94 auto trans/or old school c6/or 5speed
9inch / 8.8 rears
got all kinds parts to play.may need rebuit but got small bone yard
3-79s 1-90[best body] 1-94
open to sugestions an looking for ideas ?460 not stock!smilieFordlogo

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
I need a bone yard!!!!

I think anything you do will be great, you have the 460 for a power plant!

x2. The 460 is a great (but thirsty) engine! Goes great coupled with headers and a nice performance exhaust.

An 8th generation F150 is a great looking truck and seeing as it is compatible with parts from other generations, I say you have a good plan!

have the 460 in a 79 for years just play with around farm guy i bought it from in another county used it in dirt drags local kids heard i bought it,some of them didnt enter the county truck drags that year ,dont know whats been done to engine but will hold your head agianst back window flat out! may go with new school auto [94] higher geared 9in just got to figure out putten all together!

primetime

sawmill slave
I`m all for the idea of a gen 8 short bed 4x4 with a 460. I wouldn`t use the 94 trans just for the simple fact that it is electronic and you will have to figure out a tps for the carb. The C-6 or 5-speed will keep things a little simpler.

Throw a couple of limited slips or lockers at it, some good 33`s, and it`ll go places. FYI a 9" can be taken apart and extra shims stuffed in between the carrier and the spider gears to make it not quite so open diff. I stuck enough shims in my first 69 Coug that it would drag the inside tire making a turn on gravel.

i do have one set 9inch gear low with lockers with c6wiretied wfo and carbed 460 , dont mpg on highway get gpm
the 90has very little rust but had [302] 5 speed and 8.8,
also have another with carbed 351m c6 stock 9inch stock geared for highway
the 5 speed would make it simple i soppose .the c6 would keep low end an rpms higher thus lower mpg . just woundering who may have mixed an matched any of these partss guess i want big power mpgs not gpms with what i got to work with.
thanks

well sorry this never went any where son need truck back put 302 back in it an he drove for while blew it up .he sold it to one of his friends ,they pull motor ,got another block and over haul kit .he sold the motor sold son the truck back now im looking for my son another 302!kids !! some days ya just wana disowen them.:hammer:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts