Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New guy here

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
Hey eveyone,
Just wanted to say hello. Just picked up a 79 F-250. From what i gather its a Ranger Lariet/ Trailer special. 52k original miles. It's from Minnesota. But the guy that owned it stored it winters. I'm over in Afghnistan so I havent seen it. My brother went and looked at it. Told me how clean it was. So now I have an old Ford to come home too.

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
Here is a couple pics i stole from the craigslist ad. When my bro sends better ones I'll post em'

Attachments

• 3n73k73o25Y25W05R3b52d1d5a6ba3d9d186d.jpg
  • new truck.jpg
First and foremost, thank you very much for your service to our country! Welcome to FTF, we're really glad you're here.

Geeze-o-pete, how did you happen to find such an incredible truck.......from over there? What a wonderful find! Congratulations!

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
Just happend to be lurking around Craigslist. I had my brother look at two of them. This happend to be a nicer truck. I think its well worth what I paid. I come to find out that it still has the original tires on it. So I think some new wheels and tires are in order.

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
Here is a shot of the inside.

Attachments

• 3n63mc3p75O55X45R2b52cc2ce8159ec91f2e.jpg

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
I'm staioned in FT Polk LA. But home for me is Minneapolis MN.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Congrats on the new truck...looks like a great survivor. Great find! Thanks also for your service.

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
Thanks! Me and my bro were just talking about what I'm going to do to it. It's a 460/C6. I'm not into wild custom stuff. People undereastimate what a nice set of wheels and daul exhaust will do for a truck. But I would like to work the motor over a little bit.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Thanks! Me and my bro were just talking about what I'm going to do to it. It's a 460/C6. I'm not into wild custom stuff. People undereastimate what a nice set of wheels and daul exhaust will do for a truck. But I would like to work the motor over a little bit.

What about a small lift?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Welcome aboard...and I'd also like to thank you for your service. Looks like you got yourself a real gem. I bet you can't wait to get home and go over it with a fine tooth comb. We have a great knowledge base for the 73-79 trucks here and don't be afraid to use it. In the mean time enjoy this little slice of cyber Heaven.

Thanks for your service. Welcome, as said above there are alot of us 73-79 lovers on here. Very nice truck. What kinda wheels are you thinking about, a good looking old school wheel?

Last edited:

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
http://forums.exploringnh.com/showthread.php?t=14407

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/m/mv4BgtYQQnv0F-4ca-Aqn2g/140.jpg

I always like these old school wheels on the old Fords. I have the type thats in the first link.

If you were to get these types of wheels, I would think that 9.5x16.5 would fit your truck, considering its 2wd.

Couldnt get over how nice that thing is.

I haven't decided on what I want to do for wheels yet. Prolly end up being something like what you showed me.

I was shocked how clean it was too. Especialy for what I paid for it.

I haven't decided on what I want to do for wheels yet. Prolly end up being something like what you showed me.

I was shocked how clean it was too. Especialy for what I paid for it.

Yep, I thnk those look best on these trucks.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Welcome and thanks for serving!

That truck is NICE! As Ben said, you'll have a great resource for any questions about dentsides here. You grabbed my dream trim truck, btw. :D

Ford Truck Articles