Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Gauge Bezel and Gauges Are In

Finally had a chance tonight to install the custom gauge panel insert I had made as well as the 5 Marshall Instruments gauges (didn't have room for the tach so I had to leave it out). Still installing the sending units but at least you can see what it looks like.

Brad

Attachments

• DSCF0711.jpg
  • DSCF0712.jpg
  • DSCF0698.jpg
I fiddled around with the gauge placement for quite a while, especially when I was trying to fit the tach in as well. I just sat in the truck and looked through the steering wheel and pretended I was driving and looked where my eyes would normally sweep as I looked at the gauges. I'm normally looking more at the water temp and oil pressure gauges so I put those in the middle and put the speedo on the right. I can still see it well there. It works well for me but a lot of folks would probably rather have it in the middle.

Also, I have 3 LED lights (two for the turn signal indicators and one for high beams) that I haven't installed yet but you can see the 3 small holes for them above the gauges.

Brad

Thanks! I used Marshall Instruments 60's muscle retro style gauges (http://www.marshallinstruments.com/) like the 60's look but also the speedo is electronic and easy to program and the fuel gauge can be programmed to work with just about any stock fuel sending unit so I don't have to go to the hassle of changing the fuel sending unit or putting resistors in the line to make it work.

I ordered the foot style gas pedal on eBay.

Brad

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles