Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need Opinions....

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
I wasnt looking but i was thinking about maybe seeing about tradin my 77....

I found this...

http://jxn.craigslist.org/ctd/3188042621.html

I havent drivin it yet but have seen it in person and its a nice rig...my biggest hang up is do you think a 302 will handle a 7000lb camper? I know its got a 4sp...

Right now im towing it with a 77 F250 with a 400/C6 and 3.07 gears...im not 100% sure i wanna get rid of the 77...just tossing the idea around after i seen this truck....

I like the fact its a stick shift and it looks pretty solid....

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Wow that interior looks wonderful, it's a very clean truck.

Ryan

I had a 92 f150sc with 302 and e4od and pulled my enclosed with my drag car all the time.. That weighed just over 7000 when I had everything packed in when going to division1 & 2 meets. It shouldnt be a problem as long as the drivetrain is good.. my opinion would be dont go smaller than 351. Depends how often you pull trailer.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
To bad its not a 351..but it should do..I would buy it if it was me the old man appeared to take good care of it..and the truck was probably not abused one bit.that is what i look for in a vehicle! from my experiences Elderly maintain their vehicles regularly,along with treating them with respect and not abusive on them.for 2k you cant go wrong imo.I could turn that truck over for a lot more here.

Last edited:

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
HOnestly i wish it had a 300 inline in it....but anyways im gonna maybe go check it out tmw and see if its worth trading my 77 for...assuming he'll go for it...

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Wow, looks like it was well taken care of, that's for sure...Not sure about the trade, but it's definitely worth what he's asking for it, IMO.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Clean rig...but an easy answer for me...hell no I wouldn't trade.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Yup, I change my "not so sure" to "absolutely not"....scrounge up the cash and offer him $1200 of you really want that other one.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
I shouldnt look at craigslist when my 77 pisses me off :)....the carb is about completly shot to the point it wont hardly stay running.....

After i slept on it i came to my senses and realized i got rid of a 89 for my 77 cause im not a huge fan of the 80s trucks :)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Amen brother...I've never felt the 302 was a competent engine in the full size trucks...coupled with an AOD...I'd rather walk. Not to mention...they're about the ugliest trucks Ford ever produced (second only to 80-86's).

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
I actuallly really like the style of the 80-86's....I like the 73-79s the best though.

Ive had one of every gen from 73-97,

I admire the build quality, style, and rugged simplcity of the 73-79's

I like the interior style and front end on the 80-86's.

The 87-91s??? I like the fact that they still were available with real transmissions (IE Creeper 4sps and C6's), but had EFI...

I like the comfort and style of the 92-96s.

My 97 Was an Expedtion, but close enough, not alot to like with that at all that computerized BS, the lack of I beams, and spark plug cannons for engine.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Boy I sure like the 80-86 as well. I wouldn't turn down any Ford, but the most plain style is probably the 87-91. I would still drive one, and they can still be made to look good, but that's probably my least favorite.

Ryan

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Im growing to like the 67-72's also....i had a chance once a few yrs ago to pick up a real solid 71 4x4 with a 300 and a 4sp....for 1200 bucks...i kick myself everyday....

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Yeah ive decided against it....i dont know how it could be worse on gas...i might get 6mpg pullin that trailer, but the fact my carb is dumping serious amounts of fuel prolly has somethin to do with that :)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
i dont know how it could be worse on gas

Foot to the floor with that 302 trying to get out of its own way. The Broncos I've had in the 87-91 era with the 302 in comparison to my 400 powered broncos are far inferior in all aspects.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
The 302 was a little wimpy for the trucks. I wouldn't describe them as being quite as anemic as the other guys here, but the 351w was a better truck motor.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts