Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need Help

Ok,I have a SMALL problem.. I need to know what torque converter I need for my application.. I have a rebuilt c4 transmission casting #D2AP 7006 EA with a. RF C5AP 7976 B bell housing with a new torque converter that the transmission shop sent with it. I have no idea if the trq converter is correct or not but coming from shop I would think so.. Now I'm tryin to mate this to a 302 casting # B6SE something is not right. The trq converter is hitting the flexplate before the bell housing is mated with the block. Now I have no Idea what the number on the flexplate is as I can't find any numbers on it. I do know it is the 164 tooth and the trq converter fits it.. I have made sure the trq converter is seated all the way on the trans I do have the block plate on also.. There just has to be something that does not match but I can't put my finger on it!! Any ideas anyone???do I need a diff trq converter ? Flywheel? Both? Thanks in advance

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I have no idea...maybe Roger (Fellro) might.

Fellro

Staff member
You are absolutely certain it has seated? The converter should never extend past the case. The studs will a little, but the main converter will not. Be aware there is only one way the converter goes into the flexplate. One stud will be out of position enough to catch in any but the one position.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts