Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

need help with a lift

I'm new here and glad to have found this site. I'm restoring a 1979 (grandpa's) and I'm going to put 35" bfg's on it. Can you guys post some pics of your trucks with 35's and a 6" lift and a 4" lift so as I can see which I like better. I'm leaning to the 6" lift I don't like a crowded wheel well. I restore tractors for a living and am wanting to make this my pride and joy. I can remember grandpa long after he's gone. He bought this truck new I have the original title and all the original paper work. Little added bonus I think. Thanks in advance for the help and pics.

Mike

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Welcome aboard...glad to have you. We have some of the best 73-79 Ford Fanatics on the planet. Anyway, you may want to have a looksee through this thread:

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9817

Oh...and here's a bad pic of my Bronco with 4" lift and 35's:

DSC03864.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to FTF , Nice that you get your grandpas truck !

If I may suggest , save all the original parts that you remove and don't modify the truck to where they won't go back on. Modify the parts to fit the truck.

One day you might want it back to original.smilieFordlogo

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Welcome to FTF , Nice that you get your grandpas truck !

If I may suggest , save all the original parts that you remove and don't modify the truck to where they won't go back on. Modify the parts to fit the truck.

One day you might want it back to original.smilieFordlogo

Couldn't agree more. There are plenty of trucks out there you can destroy, but only one came to you from your grandfather. Sure, make the truck 'you' with some bolt-ons, but don't sacrifice its integrity

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Cut the fenders, run 39's with a 460 swap and one tons. :D

Just kidding, We have a 79 F150 of my dads that is getting the resto treatment as well. Its funny that you do tractors too, he just restored a W6 that was my Grandpas first tractor that he bought.

Ready for the 4th of July parade:

DSCN2039.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Way to hijack the newbies 1st thread...smiliehijacked

Ehhh...it'll buff out. He's gotta learn the FTF way eventually. That being said, sorry for the hijack newbie.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Resto-Mod

DSC01003.JPG

Thanks for the info. No I'm not going to blow it out porportion. I want this to be a nice respectful restored truck. Its going to be ny toy no mudding sunday driver. I will look at tractor pics any time especially RED ones!!!!

I would really like to see some with 35's and 6" lift. You guys want to see some of my work check me out on redpowermagazine.com. I'm known as the IH 5x88 series go to guy.

Thanks again Mike

Thanks Mike

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks for the info. No I'm not going to blow it out porportion. I want this to be a nice respectful restored truck. Its going to be ny toy no mudding sunday driver. I will look at tractor pics any time especially RED ones!!!!

I would really like to see some with 35's and 6" lift. You guys want to see some of my work check me out on redpowermagazine.com. I'm known as the IH 5x88 series go to guy.

Thanks again Mike

Thanks Mike

Good to hear...look forward to seeing the progress. But if you click on the link that I originally posted, I'm sure you'll find the combos you're looking for. And the pic of my Bronco is 4" and 35's. With a 6" lift you'll be able to clear 38's easily. 6" lift and 35's looks a little disproportionate to me.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Stock

truck2.jpg

Some stuff has changed since this picture. Sorry we are all using your thread as an excuse to show off our trucks smilietease

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Stock 1979 F-250
1979F250FirstDayHome.jpg

4" lift, 35" tires 1979 F-250 (EXCUSE THE BFG'S :hammer: )
pickup3.jpg

6" Lift 35" tires 1979 F-250
013.jpg

HerbinTexas

Texas Chapter member
enough already

Attachments

• farmall stikers.jpg

Ford Truck Articles