Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Neat wheels

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Not sure who made em, but they are awesome and too bad they are no longer reproduced.

They are simply called MODS

a lot of wheels that were of MODULAR Design got that nickname

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
They are probably Ansen Mags (or a knock off)

Not sure who made em, but they are awesome and too bad they are no longer reproduced.
Check out American Racing Ansen Sprints. Not sure if they make them in an 8 lug.

Actually, a modular wheel is an assembled wheel of 2 or 3 pieces. Those are commonly referred to as "slots" or kidney bean wheels.

Here are my 16.5" slots, recently polished. They were made by Superior Industries in Van Nuys, California in the 70s or 80s.

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

Stoner Dan

California Chapter member
Those SuperDrags are SOOO cool! Man, if I could find a set of 16.5" x 10"s and 6"-somethings for that 'big-n-little' look, I'd snap 'em up in a heartbeat.

And that AKH site has some GREAT stuff. I've got a set of vintage magnesium wheels for one of my hot rod projects and that stuff is getting rare as hen's teeth...

yes, they are called slots, made in 7o's, thts what i have on mine

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dang...those slots almost make me wanna swap out the Alcoas I have on Red.

Fellro

Staff member
Had an old 76 Chev that had them, went with the truck many moons ago. ET was another company that made them, as well as American Racing. I still have a set for my Chevelle.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Nu-uh...the alcoas would then serve duty on Thunder. But you can have the Eagles from Thunder...and I thought you wanted the American Racing wheels on the Bronco too...but I have to get the turbines done up first.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
^^^Nu-uh...the alcoas would then serve duty on Thunder. But you can have the Eagles from Thunder...and I thought you wanted the American Racing wheels on the Bronco too...but I have to get the turbines done up first.

I'd rather the Eagles off of Thunder than the ARs... I never lnew that was an option! :D

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Well...If I don't get the slots, you don't get the eagles.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You've also seen how long it's taken me to get to work on the turbines. Hell, until a few days ago I forgot I even had them until I got looking through my gallery.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts