Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My Project(s) thread!

So i now have two trucks, my FlareSide, which will NEVER be sold and now i got.. ready for it?.. a CHEVY S10 with the Vortech 4.3L..

yes, i got a chevy BUT i didnt BUY it.. it was GIVEN TO ME!!

so, now that i have two trucks, i can play ith both of them and now fix up the FlareSide they way i want while its off the road..

soo for the s10, heres some things im thinking of, and because people on the S10 Forum are retarded, i wanna fall back on my fellow ford fanatics.. even tho an s10 is a chevy.. but what ever.

So heres some details.. its a 1999 S10 Extended cab, 2wd, vortec 4.3l v6, bone stock black truck.. ill have pics soon.. if you want to see them

now, heres my plan. For s10

I just got a Pioneer headunit (free - out of a cash for clunker!).. 300 watt bazooka amplifier and a 10in Alpine Type E Subwoofer w/box for $65.. I tinted the tail lights, Im getting a flowmaster 40 series muffler for it too. HID headlights will be going in.. iceberg blue... from there i dont know what ill do..

As far as the Flare Side

I have that transmission issue you all know about by now, The transmission tech at my work is going to R&R and overhall the whole thing for me fairly cheap.. other than that, i need to fix the valve cover gaskets (easy).. Tie rod ends (easy) and oh who knows.. i plan to get gauges for Oil Pressure and Water temp and put them on the A pillar.. I want to get the lower valance from a gen 1 lightning and get some fogs..

any other good ideas for my FORD truck?

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
From workin at an independent shop, sell the chevy quick, them motors aint too good, they have a crappy fuel injection setup. The "spider" fuel injection fails alot.

try to keep bias out.. im keeping both of them.. until i have the money to get a Stang

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I like certain chevys, just not them motors.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
The 4.3 will run forever. Not very well, but if you're willing to put up with leaks, smoke, noise, and thirst...they're pretty hard to kill.

*I know you're looking for suggestions for the Ford, but if you plan on driving the Chevy in the winter, I'd put at least a pair of snow tires pretty high on your priority list. Not, perhaps, 100% necessary...but they make it a lot easier when the roads are bad.

ill still ahve my truck for the really bad winter days, swap plates and write a bll of sale to myself lol..

im disableing the Auto Headlights in the s10 tomorow, i HATE auto headlights, especially if your gunna put HID's in it

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts