Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My build update

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
You'll like the Terra Grapplers, I've had a set on my '05 for about 6 months and can't complain one bit. For the limited time that it sees off road they do just fine, and are still quiet on the highway.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Thanks again for all the reply's guys.

Another opinion if you will. I bought these emblems A LONG time ago and don't know if I'm going to use them yet. I don't know if I really want to advertise what's under my hood, but if I do they are either going on the front fender where the older style emblems were or possibly on the cowl if there's room. Here's how the cowl would look. I don't yet have holes drilled for the XLT emblem which is the reason for thinking this. I kinda think the 521 is a little big for the cowl, but I haven't temporarily placed it up there yet.

IMG_1682.jpg

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
I don't know if there would be room for that on the cowl or not--without seeing up there.

I like it though. I would use it--If I had that motor!

How about putting the stock F 250 Ranger and XLT badges on the cowl as normal, and the 521 badge down on the fender like the older badges?

Just a thought.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I don't know if there would be room for that on the cowl or not--without seeing up there.

I like it though. I would use it--If I had that motor!

How about putting the stock F 250 Ranger and XLT badges on the cowl as normal, and the 521 badge down on the fender like the older badges?

Just a thought.

That's more than likely my plan if I use the emblems, but thought I'd just see what people think. I'll try to get out and place them on the cowl and see what they look like. I'd hate to leave out the XLT on the cowl though too.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I think I'd go with the Ranger and XLT badge on the cowl definitely. I dunno if I'd go with the 521 badge anywhere to be honest...that way you can maintain the 'sleeper' mentality. But if the 521 did go anywhere...I'd throw it on the front fender where other badges of the era were put. I've seen some guys put the engine badges on the rear of the hood right in front of the cowl...but depending on the color of the badges and paint...it just looks outta place. If I were you, I'd take some double sided tape, and try moving the badges around and see what looks best. But if it were me, I'd probably not use the 521 badge....I just feel it would look outta place anywhere. My 2 cents.

NOCO77

Somethin' Like That
How about finding a boss 429 scoop and putting the 521 emblem on the side of the scoop?
Or, I kind of like putting engine size emblems on the lower left or right side of the grille.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Personally I think it is up to the owners taste where and what they want to put on. Me personally I like a clean looking truck with no emblems so that it leaves people wondering what engine is really there.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
How about finding a boss 429 scoop and putting the 521 emblem on the side of the scoop?
Or, I kind of like putting engine size emblems on the lower left or right side of the grille.

I think that would look pretty good...but geezus he's worried about drilling for trim...you do you think he'll do puttin a scoop on a cherry hood...haha. But I like your idea, and would probably be the only way I'd put engine emblems on a truck. As for putting them on the grille...seen it before, but it still seems kinda outta place to me.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Thanks for the reply's guys. I have been really leaning toward not using them just because I think they will seem out of place.

NOC77, I like the idea of a hood scope, but not what I'm wanting to do. If anything, I'd wait until someone makes a hood for these trucks.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Buck, smiliehijacked
If you decide not to use the F250 Ranger emblems, and want to sell them, would you please let me know and how much? Mine is not an XLT, so all I would be looking for the the F250 Ranger. Mine are a bit pitted and when I get Burt painted I want to replace them. Thanks!

Dak

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Buck, smiliehijacked
If you decide not to use the F250 Ranger emblems, and want to sell them, would you please let me know and how much? Mine is not an XLT, so all I would be looking for the the F250 Ranger. Mine are a bit pitted and when I get Burt painted I want to replace them. Thanks!

Dak

I think he's just not gonna use the 521 badges...he's still gonna use the ranger badges. JBG and DC has the F250 ranger badges for $35 a piece...and there have been known to be a few good deals on ebay if you don't wanna pay full price.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Thanks Ben. Guess I misunderstood. I agree with not using the 521. I tend to like our trucks to maintain more of an original look, at least on the outside. I'm not really ready for the badges anyway. Just thought if he wasn't going to use them I would rather keep the $ in the family!
Dak

NOCO77

Somethin' Like That
As for putting them on the grille...seen it before, but it still seems kinda outta place to me.

Yea, the more I think about it, they would look out of place. I was having flashbacks to my GM truck days and that was a common location for 'em from the factory. I re-cast my vote for no engine emblems. Sound familar? (I voted for them before I voted against them). WTF???

Buck, the truck looks great! I just saw the pic with the new wheels and tires, nice choice. I've had the Terra Grapplers on my 05 F150 for the last 3 years, I've probably got close to 35K on them (only run them in the summer) and they still have enough tread to last this summer, maybe even next. You will love them. Good bite in dry and wet, very quite, great wear, great handling. They do require a little bit of wheel speed to clean them out in the mud, but you probably won't be in much of that with your truck (I hope). Like I said, 3 years, 35K miles, no complaints at all.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I would use the 521 badge. Try holding it up on the door almost straight below the mirror about 2/3 of the way down where they put the badge on the new superduty v8 powerstroke badges.

Ryan

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
Looks good!!!!!!!!! love the way the wheels look, too! i dont think i would use the 521 badges. a bit too flashy for me. also, what's trim??

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts