Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My build update

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
How hard would it be to restore the trim yourself?

Not real hard at all...just gotta make yourself a box big enough for the pieces. Spray them down with oven cleaner...some light/moderate rubbing/scrubbing, repeat if necessary. I've also heard of guys using lye before. The spray it over with clear. However, it still doesn't seem to have that 'shine.' It's probably only 80% as bright as new chrome...which is fine for a DD, not so much for a restore. But if you wanna see a real difference, check out some chromed trim...I'll snap some shots next time I'm clean out the shed and dig out the my chromed trim...I think I shoulda gone with bright nickel and cleared it, but I dunno if it woulda been that much brighter. However, getting it chromed or nickeled can get really expensive fast...luckily my dad has tanks where he works that can do it for next to nothing. Cliff you probably heard of the place...BEAerospace...right on up there in Winston.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Not real hard at all...just gotta make yourself a box big enough for the pieces. Spray them down with oven cleaner...some light/moderate rubbing/scrubbing, repeat if necessary. I've also heard of guys using lye before. The spray it over with clear. However, it still doesn't seem to have that 'shine.' It's probably only 80% as bright as new chrome...which is fine for a DD, not so much for a restore. But if you wanna see a real difference, check out some chromed trim...I'll snap some shots next time I'm clean out the shed and dig out the my chromed trim...I think I shoulda gone with bright nickel and cleared it, but I dunno if it woulda been that much brighter. However, getting it chromed or nickeled can get really expensive fast...luckily my dad has tanks where he works that can do it for next to nothing. Cliff you probably heard of the place...BEAerospace...right on up there in Winston.

No I never heard of BEAerospace what do they do?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Cool does your Dad work there? Or is that where you might be working.

Naw...he works there...that's where he went after he stopped being fulltime at his business. He's the #4 man there...the #2 active man who is there all the time.

PS...sorry for the hijack Buck.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Cool sounds like a great job

Sure is...nice desk job, nice paycheck, and he gets to do the business aspect which he loved and no longer has to get his hands dirty.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Too bad those airplane seats won't fit in a truck. :rofl2:

HAHA...nope they won't...but you better believe I've got a 1st class 3 seat row rejected prototype sitting in my living room as my couch, and my sister has one on her porch...haha. They're great, recline, foot rest, massage, flip up table tops...couldn't get any better.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
HAHA...nope they won't...but you better believe I've got a 1st class 3 seat row rejected prototype sitting in my living room as my couch, and my sister has one on her porch...haha. They're great, recline, foot rest, massage, flip up table tops...couldn't get any better.

Sweet.....

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Well I have my tires and wheels. I put two of them on because I have to fix a wheels stud on the other side and also I was sent the wrong size lug nuts from the wheel outlet I bought them from. Oh well. Here is what they look like. I know I'll catch some hell from some of you guys about going with an All Terrain tire, but I did like the look of these. They are the Nitto Terra Grapplers. I guess I'll see how they ride. But anyway, I thought about it alot to go with an All-Terrain or Mud Terrain and with a long drive back to Nebraska once in awhile, I figured I'd go with the A/T.

IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Looks GREAT Buck...don't worry, I won't give you any flack...if all you need are A/T's...they fit the bill. Two questions though, what wheels are those? They look like the alcoa's I have. Second, what kind of lockouts are you using?

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
The wheels are Eagle Alloys. I figured since I wasn't going to do any off-roading those wheels would work. I think I got a pretty good deal on them. Everything together was just under $1500.

So what happened to the 3 people originally sitting in them ?

.. oh.....

You typed rejected.. I thought you typed Ejected ;)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
HAHA...funny D, but seriously, the test DUMMIES died...the seats weren't up to snuff. Weak bracketry or something resulted in the seats coming loose and would have killed a person by them hitting the seat in front of them.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts