Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My Album!

radialarm

Clown of Death!
I'm working on my gallery, this is the first time my Truck has been seen on any website. Ain't y'all lucky! The first picture is for Skan (75 Datsun pickup), but y'all can see my real truck if you dig a little deeper. I guess I could have washed it up for you, but it's a little nippy out this morning. You will also see a beautifut young lady:)guns: watch it guys she's only 9) and rite handsome young man(me). In my later editions I will show my E-Fan, and G3 alt. setups. Feel free to leave any comments.:WooHoo:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Wow, gorgeous truck. Why haven't you shown that thing off before?

The Ford is nice too :rofl: Nah seriously man. Nice truck YelloThumbUp

Get those 3G alt pics up soon. I think I'm going to upgrade my tired 95amp to a 160amp.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
That's a nice lookin' truck...

Seems like you posted the mileage somewhere yesterday, and it was impressively high, but I can't remember. How many miles does it have on it?

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Thank you, Erica.
Chris get me a couple good clear photos of your alt. bracket and I'll tell you if you can do it.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Oh I know I can. My alternator is already 3G. I'm just not sure about the rewiring of the charge cables. Is it pretty easy?

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Yes! I used #2 welding cable, a 175anp mega fuse, 4 copper solder terminals. and a terminal protector. you hav to leave your old charge cable on the solenoid so your volt meter will work. just tape up the end that went to the alt. If you need a terminal protector I have a few extras.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Matt, If you have a higher that stock electrical load (high watt amp, Electric fans, etc..) then you need a large alt.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Just dawned on me... Do I still need to change my charge cable if I've got a 3G alternator stock? Are the cables bigger from the 95amp to the 160amp?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Matt, If you have a higher that stock electrical load (high watt amp, Electric fans, etc..) then you need a large alt.
smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

My electric fan eats power for breakfast. The alternator keeps up pretty well but when I start to add other things to the mix like wipers, defroster, two 10" subs, etc, the alternator struggles a bit. Brand new, a 95amp would probably do just fine but I think mine is getting a little tired.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
My stock charge cable got a little hot when I was trying to test the Taurus fan setup. That I didn't use after all.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles