Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My 83 vic!!

Just ordered front door lock actuators for $49 from 1a auto free shipping they are dorman not junk and this is price for the pair:) and looking on eBay paid off i found moog upper ball joints for $56 a pair it feels good to get some parts on the way I'm looking forward to getting this car up and going!! Still looking for the engine but for now I will fix the small stuff!!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I've had good luck with Moog stuff in the past.

I Iove moog parts I just went cheap the first time and put red box car quest ball joints in because I they were all I could pay for at the time and have regretted it ever since I warrantied them out once already. My advice to all who need ball joints is to buy good premium suspension parts and steering parts unless you are going to sell the vehicle soon!! They last so much longer and restore the ride and steering back close to factory!! I'm running raybestos brand premium ball joint and tie rods on my truck and they are just as good as moog. If you go to car quest it's the blue line ones not red line ones!! Just my two cents on replacement parts you get what you pay for!!!

Found a 5.0 h.o for $400 supposedly has only 68k i have to drive about an hour and half to get it I will call the guy and before I leave Saturday. There are some questions I thought off after I emailed him last night but I think it's worth it!!

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
honestly.. if he doesnt let you pop a valve cover off and the intake.. i wouldnt buy it..

i'd ask to atleast do that.. that way you can verify the roller valve train and if there is any sludge.. then in the valve cover to see if you can notice any valve train damage or sludge as well..

Got the engine today took the valve covers and intake off very clean engine no sludgy buildup so far. Tomorrow I will get it mounted on the engine stand so I can flip it over and pull the pan. It's a roller engine and it is a H.O.. I plan on throwing a high volume oil pump on it and putting a pan gasket on it, along with rear main seal, timing cover, front crank seal, valve guide seals, and intake gaskets along with the new intake once I get it.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
No need on a high volume oil pump.. Doesn't do anything.. Just will cause leaks sooner.. Plus with a standard volume if a issue with clearances or noises pop up you'll notice them sooner.. High volume will cover them up for a while

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Ford Power

Ok we'll I am going to pull the pan and take a closer look at the engine the screen will tell more about how well this engine has been maintained. My goal after that is clean up and prep for paint. I am going with black paint I think it will look nice once it's all together. It will make the valve covers I have in mind look nice!
7ADFF0A2-C100-48F5-B643-F9E8FEE446CB-4883-000006D15BA7F09E_zps45674834.jpg

Got engine stripped down and everything looks very clean no sludge in the pan or pickup screen cylinder walls look good still have there cross hatches has compression when I turn it over by hand. I will look at a bearing tomorrow but I think it will be ok.

My father in law had one of those!! I went from mineola Texas to Tyler with him once (45mins each way) in summer with no air and power windows didn't work and he smoked continuously all the way. Only time I ever been car sick

That's horrible. I personally hate smoking so I wont allow it any of my vehicles. My a/c doesn't work now it has a big leak but I will trace it down once I swap in the h.o. engine.

null_zps54037585.jpg
null_zps2693d7f3.jpg
null_zps83f53e19.jpg
null_zpscf4e4e05.jpg
null_zps0b81ad85.jpg

Tried something new putting the wood down then screwing the amp and cap to it with the carpet in between. Still need to hide the wires some more but tomorrow I will have more time to complete it.

Just ordered blue L.E.D. Bulbs to put in the instrument cluster. I also found a 140 mph police speedo on car-parts.com for $50 so hopefully I will have it coming this week. It should look really cool when I get all in.

That does sound nice

So yesterday I got my vic out and started to put some L.E.D bulbs in the exterior lights like brake /turn, park exc. When I was at the street rod nationals back in august I picked up some 1157 1156 and 194 white L.E.D bulbs at one of the stands set up they seemed bright on display. Put in the rear brake/turn/park bulbs first and turned the lights on.... Net impressed at all they were not near as bright as the original bulbs and it looked orange not red. Tried them in front same thing except color it turned out pale yellow not orange. Needless to say they only ones worth using were the reverse lights witch are much brighter. So I guess lesson is buy color matched L.E.D bulbs and spend a little extra for better quality units that work. The 194's are too long and cut off if pushed all the way in the sockets defiantly cheap bulbs. I will try to get some better bulbs and convert all my lights to L.E.D later. Little bummed they didn't work out:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts