Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

motor mounts 77 F250 w/400

Working on 77 F250 4x4 with 400 and c-6. Old mounts were shot so ordered new from Advance. Got a left and right box with a left in both! Do that twice and try Napa. Same problem again with only right being ordered. O Rylies(intentional mispell) says only company they can get from is Anchor, same place as Advance.
Anyone know where to find the passanger side mount for this? My friend has cash, not CC so internet shopping is out.

Fellro

Staff member
Well.not sure what is going on, as the part number is a 2445 for driver's side, and 2444 for the passenger side. We get them from Anchor as well... (Autozone) By the provided images, I can see the mount stud is offset depending on the side it mounts to.

Last edited:
2444 and 2445 are the numbers, but we had 4 2445's in 2444 boxes. On the right side, the stud is set further back, and no matter which side I put them on the pass side stud is 2-3" forward from the slot. This truck is not bent so I must assume there is a problem at the Anchor factory. The part number is either stamped in the back or on a sticker in bark.

Last edited:

Fellro

Staff member
I don't work again until Sunday, but if we have some on stock I'll have to see if we have the same issue...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Bronco Graveyard has the set for $30.

After 16 boxes of 2445 mounts in the warehouse in Delaware, the guys found 1 2444 mount and shipped it to Advance Auto here for me. I didn't have to pay for it as they felt really bad about it, and I guess Advance corperate office made a nasty call to Anchor about putting the wrong mount(left) in the boxes for the right one. I guess thats what you get with made in Mexico parts! Thats probably why the pair was only $21.49 for the pair.
Thanks to everyone who looked into and around for this, and if you need mounts and they come from Anchor check what is in the box before leaving the store!

Last edited:

Fellro

Staff member
It isn't so much the store as the supplier. I always open the boxes to see what is in there so if it is damaged or looks wrong to me I know right away. I always give the customer a look as well so they can try to verify it is correct. It's an old habit from when I worked the shops, check before the delivery driver gets away. We have no control over what the vendors send up inside the boxes though. We have had that happen from time to time, the wrong part in the right box... never to that extreme though.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts