Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Moms dead truck

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Well last month mom was drivin out to california with my cousin and it was in the middle of a bad snow storm we told her not to go but she done it anyways and she was in winnemucca nevada on 1-80 when she hit some ice ON CRUISE CONTROL and this is what happened to the truck Truck was a 99 F-350 CC longbed v10 lifted with 35s. Mom and my cousin both came out of it banged and bruised but ok. Worst injury was moms cracked rib. It rolled four times and they had to cut the roof and rear doors off to get em out. She got her boyfriend to drag it back home were it sits in the field gettin parted out.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Not a good thing, but they are alright. Somebody was lookin out for them.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Holy crap they got lucky... My dad got killed in a truck just like that-- 2000 F250 SuperCab V10 4x4 on 33s. Flipped it end over end...

radialarm

Clown of Death!
I didn't know about your dad Chris? Sorry man.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Good to know that nobody was seriously injured. This is a reminder that a person should never use cruise when there is even the slightest chance the road might be icy. Add a posi to the equation and there's no way a person can react fast enough to save themselves from an accident. Chris, I'm very sorry to hear what happened :angel:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Thanks guys-- didnt mean to make it sound like I was looking for pity. Just wanted to make the point that these trucks are NOT indestructible.. They're damn strong and you're in good hands when in a collision but Ford can't engineer angels into these vehicles. But I've given that speech several times before.

Dan I'm sincerely glad that your family is okay. Car accidents are very scary, both for the parties involved and the people close to them.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the truck but glad your mom and cousin are OK!!! Trucks can be replaced, people can't!!

PS (what exactly are you parting out from that truck??)

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Yeah motor starts and runs fine I dont know about the trans and tranfer case. Bed is good didnt get messed up during the wreck. Im not sure about the frame. Im gonna be keeping the axles, tailgate and front seats but everything else is up for grabs.

Yeah motor starts and runs fine I dont know about the trans and tranfer case. Bed is good didnt get messed up during the wreck. Im not sure about the frame. Im gonna be keeping the axles, tailgate and front seats but everything else is up for grabs.

Hmmm... how about that lift thats on it? How high is it and what brand? I've been trying to lift mine for the longest but i'm not exactly swimming in $$ so I probably wont be able to buy a new one... at least not for another few years haha!

BTW your mom rocks!! Most of the ladies I know would never dare drive one of these giants... but then again I live in Cali...

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Thanks its a 6 inch lift I think all in the springs but I dont know what brand it was already on it when we got it from a used car dealer. We traded my dads old 77 chevy k10 stepside shortbed on it.

Ford Truck Articles