Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Missing

my 02 F250 with a 5.4 is missing. It misses on acceleration only and smoothes out usually after gaining speed and letting off the throttle. Idle is very smooth. I appreciate any advice.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Check the codes. The truck will tell you what's wrong with it

Mine wound up being a bad coil pack

Thank you DB. Hopefully my son will be able to bring his analyzer by but I amy have found the trouble. Water all around the 3rd cylinder back. All around where the boot goes down to the plug. I better go dive into it. Thanks again.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Thank you DB. Hopefully my son will be able to bring his analyzer by but I amy have found the trouble. Water all around the 3rd cylinder back. All around where the boot goes down to the plug. I better go dive into it. Thanks again.
Look at your heater hoses and the weather stripping. Heater hoses can develop leaks at the connections on the heater core. The coils are just below them. Same for the weather stripping.

Good point blacksnapon. Rattle can advised me to keep chasing those coils. I did ohm the resistance os them and the injectors but of course that won't show a partially or blocked injector.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts