Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Manual hubs

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
Can anyone please enlighten me on the hubs on this truck , I had manuals on my 95 that you had to lock in for 4 wheel drive , was told this was automatic even with the hubs there, looking in the manual it shows hub and what is "lock" and " free" but the hub has no words on it just a dot.
Read here that you will get crappy fuel mileage if they are locked in and I am getting some bad mileage, wondering if I have them locked in, as of now I have them turned clockwise, like the manual says, is this the right spot for the free spot?
Mike

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
They have a vaccuum or electric to engage front diff . Which can stay in or not go in at all. The hubs do work like regular hubs tho. I put a cable actuator in the plow truck at work . Least can work it .

Nice to see you . Was looking for ya.

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
No they are not labeled, wish it was , I'll turn it counter-clockwise Black , is there any way to test to know if it the right way?

blacksnapon

Staff member
No they are not labeled, wish it was , I'll turn it counter-clockwise Black , is there any way to test to know if it the right way?
Jack up that wheel, turn the knob counter clockwise, then rotate the tire. The u joint (axle) shouldn't turn if unlocked.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts