Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

LED instrument lights???

I'm looking into buying a cluster for my truck that has a tach because mine does not. I was going to spend a little time before I put the new cluster in making it look nice. I want up up grade the lights and have seen LED bulbs on eBay for 194 applications but my question is how many are the main backlighting bulbs and how many are just the idiot light bulbs?? I had my cluster out when I first got the truck running because I had a few bulbs blown and I replaced them but I don't remember what it looks like. Plus I'm torn between red or blue LED. Any suggestions would be appreciated and also I might look into needles or overlays too...

JLOWERY

Tennessee Chapter member
It's takes 2 types of bulbs I believe I used 4 194's and 2 of the mini idiot light bulbs. Buy more than you need cause the small ones don't last long I average replacing the mini's about every 2 months. The 194's have been in mine for 6 months with no problems. Your dash will light up blue if you use the hyper white.

Thanks for the info I have put this project on hold for now I have started another project trying to get my 83 vic back on the road and since my wife's car is still off having the body work done I actully forgot all about doing the led light swap. I still want a new cluster with a tach but for now I'm leaving my truck alone this year maybe next year I spend some time and money on it for now it's been driving none stop 75 miles a day and will be till I get my wife's honda back. Not much time for doing work on it.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts