Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

It's Cleaner

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

Dang....that's the problem with those kind of rails, there's no where for the salt or calcium to go and it just sits there.....we had to do some work on our newly bought expi on the rockers because of that...but Maine is famous for using the harsh crap every time......

Yeah I am going to take it to the self serve car wash and use the high pressure wand on the rails to make sure it's all off. But have to wait until next week when it's 60* out to do so.

Hey Cliff that's looking good - sucks about the salt deal though ..... luckily we don't have that here just piles and piles of grit on the roads during winter which can get a bit hairy at times especially on a bike.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Hey Cliff that's looking good - sucks about the salt deal though ..... luckily we don't have that here just piles and piles of grit on the roads during winter which can get a bit hairy at times especially on a bike.

Sometimes I wonder if the grit is better than salt. Salt does manage to do a lot of damage to vehicles and the roadways here.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Yeah I am going to take it to the self serve car wash and use the high pressure wand on the rails to make sure it's all off. But have to wait until next week when it's 60* out to do so.

We sprayed her rails (and the rockers) with Amsoils HDMP to help propel salt, water, calcium, whatever.....

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
That's cool...I like how it folds up when not in use.

That is what I like about it too. People here are bad for not watching where they are going. It doesn't help that Oklahoma has one of the highest accident rates in the nation. I see more rear end collisons and side impacts than anything else.

I just found my next accessory.

scooter_wheelchair_4_A.jpg

Thats a cool find Cliff - my neighbors wife finds it hard to move around (severe back injury) and uses a walker frame to get around - she refuses to use the motorized wheelchair they have as she is scared of falling out of it and i have been trying to get her husband to talk her into a mobility scooter so that she isn't stuck at home or in the car all the time - do you think that a frame like that would hold a mobility scooter? and if so where do you find those.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Thats a cool find Cliff - my neighbors wife finds it hard to move around (severe back injury) and uses a walker frame to get around - she refuses to use the motorized wheelchair they have as she is scared of falling out of it and i have been trying to get her husband to talk her into a mobility scooter so that she isn't stuck at home or in the car all the time - do you think that a frame like that would hold a mobility scooter? and if so where do you find those.

Yes it would hold a scooter no problem. My Power wheelchair has seat belts. Every power wheel chair I have ever owned and this is my 3rd has had seat belts. Here is a link to where I found these at they are $225.00 US I doubt the guy will ship. but he is close to me. These are new units.

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/hab/4201081661.html

Yes it would hold a scooter no problem. My Power wheelchair has seat belts. Every power wheel chair I have ever owned and this is my 3rd has had seat belts. Here is a link to where I found these at they are $225.00 US I doubt the guy will ship. but he is close to me. These are new units.

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/hab/4201081661.html

Thanks Cliff i'll print that out for Murray to show Doreen ..... i've offered to fit seat belts for her but she feels that the chair is too unstable for her - Murray and i have even looked at fitting a swing frame for her so that she could have her hands and the controls in front of her rather than on the armrests of the chair but she has also vetoed that which is why i think that a mobility scooter might be the way to go for her.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Thanks Cliff i'll print that out for Murray to show Doreen ..... i've offered to fit seat belts for her but she feels that the chair is too unstable for her - Murray and i have even looked at fitting a swing frame for her so that she could have her hands and the controls in front of her rather than on the armrests of the chair but she has also vetoed that which is why i think that a mobility scooter might be the way to go for her.

Here is my wheelchair if this helps they also have scooters.mine is very stable even wide open.

http://www.pridemobility.com/jazzy/614hd.asp

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I was going to mention adding some lights.....you know, to prevent those rear end problems...

That is what assembly lube is for Oops. Yes I want to add lights but as usual my current situation won't allow it. I just found a couple of totes full of parts. Looks like you will get more than mirrors. Is there any thing I need to know on how to ship to you?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts