Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

It started innocently enough....

silverz51

Georgia Chapter member
I had washed the truck the other day and did not get the tires right so I decided to wash them again today. Anyway, as usual one thing led to another and I started to washed the whole truck again and got wife upset because I had promised her to go somewhere so I stopped half way...

Of course, after we got done, I could not leave it half done :D ... Well, after the windows were clean, I thought, hey, why not clean up the inside right? And of course, I noticed a couple of scratches that needed a little rubbing compound.... Well, you got to apply wax after compounding right? And if you gonna wax a little area, might as well wax a little more, right?

Of course, running my hand over the hood and other areas it felt like the surface of the spray on bedliner... We cant have that now, could we :) A little more rubbing compound would do the trick I thought, so I started on part of the hood... Fortunately the sun is going down below the trees so it must now be a cool 90 degrees now. I decide that I'm getting really tired of rubbing and wiping so I remember the clay bar... Well, the truck deserves as much love as the Corvette, right?

The clay bar did the trick without killing me. I cleaned it, wiped it, waxed and polished it.. Oh and the windows are pretty clean too :) And yes, my wife thinks I pay a lot more attention to my cars than to her LOL!

claybar&wax1.JPG

claybar&wax2.JPG

claybar&wax3.JPG

Last edited:

crzybil87

C.R.A.Z.Y.B.I.L.L
Haha its alright. Mines in pieces right now. Trucks lookin good tho

silverz51

Georgia Chapter member
Wow thats amazing. Got any before pictures?

I'm wondering what a clay bar job might do for Bertha's paint...

No, I did not take any before pictures. Actually, the photos could not show how badly the paint needed the rubbing compound or clay bar. The truck almost always looks pretty good in pictures. The real test is when you run your hand over the finish...

That's about as good as they look. Nice work!

Ryan

Thanks! It really did turn out nice. I only wish I had room in my garage for the truck too. Parking them outside is really rough on the finish :(

silverz51

Georgia Chapter member
YelloThumbUp

Have you met Dixie_Boysles ? I think you 2 have a lot in common.

No, I have not met Dixie_Boysles. I figured though, that there are probably other people like me in the forums :). It the F150 forums there are less folks so involved with the upkeep of the trucks. Not like the Corvette forums where babying ones car is kind of an art form :D

BTW, I too basically grow older and not up LOL!

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
No, I have not met Dixie_Boysles. I figured though, that there are probably other people like me in the forums :). It the F150 forums there are less folks so involved with the upkeep of the trucks. Not like the Corvette forums where babying ones car is kind of an art form :D

BTW, I too basically grow older and not up LOL!

Yep- the "have you driven your Corvette in the rain" threads are especially entertaining. :rofl:

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Looks REAL good.

silverz51

Georgia Chapter member
Yep- the "have you driven your Corvette in the rain" threads are especially entertaining. :rofl:

Yeah, I cannot help but laugh when I read those. My C6 is a daily driver and gets used like one. I do try to keep her looking good though ;)

4sale.JPG

Ford Truck Articles